I'm back...again!

Hello there!

Thought I would create a thread, announcing my return. It's me, Sazkia - I use to be on here a lot quite a while ago, I lost a considerable amount of weight and thought I had this done once and for all!

I should have learned by now.... anyway, not sure if anyone will remember me; I know in the world of the internet things move on quickly and we all come and go depending on what is going on in our lives etc.

Well, I am back...need to lose a lot of weight, not as much as I lost when I first joined but still a considerable amount. :(

I am 13 stone 6 lbs. and ultimate aim is to get to a healthy BMI - but I appreciate smaller goals first, so will be happy to get in to the 12 stones to begin with.

I guess my weight is linked to my mental health and when my depression and anxiety get the better of me I withdraw and you guessed it - I gain weight and boy do I gain it super-fast! I could explain what's been going on but it would take too long and I don't feel strong enough to go through it at the moment. For now, it is sufficed to say that I'm back and want to lose weight - AGAIN!

Keep it cool peeps!

Sazkia! :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

62 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Welcome back, Sazkia, of course I remember you :)

Things have changed a wee bit and as this will be a re-boot for you,

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out, or restarting. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

You'll find all the information you need to navigate the forum in the header, so please take the time to read it carefully.

Wishing you all the best :)

• I was just having a nosy of that thread when I got a notification for this post! :) I'm going to spend a little while getting to know this place again, so thanks for your kind words! I really do feel like a 'newbie' again!!

Sazkia :)

• Hi and welcome back Sazkia - you're back here and that's a big step. You've done it before and you can do it again! :D

• Thank you, Pineapple27 - It's very good to see you're still here, as well as moreless ! I feel like I'm meeting old friends again, after a long time apart. :)

• How could we forget the unforgettable :) Welcome back and all the best.

• I'm going to take that as a compliment! :P lmao

Thank you.. :)

• When I reread it, I thought I hope that isn't taken wrong :)

• I am actually laughing out loud! Like I said, I will think you meant it in the best possible way! ;) :P Because, of course, how else could you have meant it?? *innocent look* :) x

• Welcome back Sazkia of course I remember you, it is great to have you back and you know how powerful the forum is for supporting you.

Take care and enjoy your journey to a healthy BMI

• Thank you, it's truly lovely to be back here. :)

• Hello Sazkia ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™m still here too . . . And still the same weight!! Which is both good that I havenโ€™t gained but not brilliant in that Iโ€™m still not a healthy BMI!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome back, sorry youโ€™ve been having a hard time but glad you have come back to us ๐Ÿ˜Š

Anna

• Hi Anna61 :D

I've missed you! ***HUGGLES*** :)

Don't even go down the negative - you've not gained and that's one hell of an achievement - you've come through so much you know how brilliant you have been and still are! ;)

It's very nice to be back, it's truly a wonderful place to be support wise! :)

Sazkia x

• Oh thank you Sazkia ๐Ÿ˜Š itโ€™s been quite a journey!

Well done to you too for tackling your recent gain before it becomes too much of an issue, you are experienced and know what to do, hereโ€™s a big helping hand back on that wagon ๐Ÿ˜Š

• You're a true gem X

• Hi, Sazkia, I remember you, how are you doing today.

I also wandered off, back now and being the biggest yo-yo ever.

I have a great deal of support from the group forum.

Welcome back and take care of yourself.

George โ˜บ๏ธ

• I remember you too, George! :)

I'm good, feeling very welcome thanks to all you wonderful people. :D

Glad you've found your way back, there's no better place support-wise. :)

Sazkia :)

• I'm glad that you are back on the group forum.

Don't worry too much and have plenty of you time.

Have a nice evening Sazkia.

George โ˜บ๏ธ

• Welcome back Sazkia - Wishing you well with your goals - you can do this! :-)

• Thanks, it's good to be back - It's really good to see you're still here too! I hope you're well? :)

• Yes thanks, enjoying Autumn so far. :-)

• That's great, I LOVE Autumn - I would go so far as to say it's my favourite season. It's been quite warm so far though. :)

• I remember you Sazkia - and my memory is not the best.

Welcome back and enjoy yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚

• hahaha oh dear, again - I'm taking that as a compliment! :P

Thank you, sweety.. :)

• I would. You'd know if I had reached into my insults drawer. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• LMAO

• Welcome back Sazkia nice to hear from you๐Ÿ˜Š

Youโ€™ve done it before and you will do it again onwards and downwards ๐Ÿ‘

All the best๐Ÿ’

• Thank you! :)

• Welcome back! I remember you too. Well done for leaping back on the wagon - you sound full of positive determination!

• Thank you - I am full of determination at the moment! :)

• Well done for getting the courage to come back on to the forum I do remember you being here when I first joined.

I also suffer from anxiety and depression which I know leads to emotional / comfort eating and although I should use it more often too, there is a daily chat I was reminded about recently that you can join in everyday when your feeling a bit down it may help โ˜บโ˜บ

Good Luck xx

• Thanks Kath! :D I will take a look. :)

• welcome back ๐Ÿ˜.. i remember you too.. it's good to see you back on the forum again... good luck with your restart x

• Hi Claz! Thanks for your reply, it's good to be back! :D

• Good to see you again Sazkia . Stay with us and you know we will all be here for you, come what may. ๐Ÿ˜˜

• AW shucks, that's awfully kind of you. :) Thanks a lot. :D x

• Welcome back Sazkia

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel... my of the 12kg lost for the wedding, 8 have returned via stress eating... But we are back on it! And you can do it! I hope I can! :)

• Aw, thanks! :D We can do this and we will do this! A positive mental attitude will take us a long way! ;) x

• Sorry you are going through this. I suffer from anxiety and depression too. It's hard to have a good body image and manage my weight. Good luck to you.

• Thank you, Melhall :)

The two conditions are truly horrendous and together they're 100 times worse. It's also very misunderstood so it's good being around people, like you for example, that do understand where I am coming from. It's not something that can be 'thought away' with 'happy thoughts' - which is something I always have to grit my teeth with because it is comments like that that make people with chronic mental health issues (which is what I have) feel about 10 times worse or the other comment of 'Be grateful for what you have' because 'it could be worse' grate on me and makes me feel very misunderstood. It's not that simple, is it? :(

Anyway, I'm here if you ever need a natter - as I really do know what it is like. Sometimes getting through the day in one piece is an accomplishment!

Take care lovely!

Sazkia x

• I do understand. I was even hospitalized for two months and now I'm on meds. Sometimes I have to take it hour by hour. Message me if you ever need anything.

• I am very sorry to read that. :( Thanks for your kind offer, it would be nice to stay in touch so likewise you're free to send me a message if you ever need to. :)

Sazkia x

• Hello Sazkia I just saw this :) I'm still here - no surprises! After maintaining for some time my weight has crept up into the overweight zone - only just but I'm not happy about it. So even when you might think you have your eye on the ball this can happen, it's just really not easy to keep weight off once you've lost it. So - my current plan is I'm trying to get myself down to a more mid-healthy sort of weight. Or at least a good few lbs in from the overweight zone. And like you, I'm conscious of the need to set small goals, and I'm being super-realistic about the time it will take. Looking forward to seeing you around, and wishing you an excellent re-start. Take care :)

• I'm really happy to see you're still around, it's so good to chat with you again! :D

You're doing great - being mindful and watchful with your weight and I know you can do anything you set your mind to so the very best of luck with your weight loss goals. It's a great idea to set realistic goals, otherwise it's too easy to become disheartened or have too big a goal - which is a set up for failure. We can do this again, can't we!? SURE WE CAN! :)

Sazkia x :)

• We can totally do this! I like the sound of your first goal. The psychological reward of seeing a different first number on the scales, feeling you've truly got started and knowing that you will get there quite soon. Perhaps by the end of the year :) My goal date is first week of March next year, when I'll next host the Maintainers Club thread. Realistic goals also allow for the unexpected - busy weeks or other such things which try to disrupt our plans.

• That's what I love to read! :D Such positive thoughts will really help you, as you know better than anyone!

I really think you can smash your goal - GOSH! First week of March? If we stick to our healthy eating etc. I wonder what weight we will be by then? I really want to have lost my first stone by Christmas, which I think is realistic for me - especially to begin with, as that's nearly 7 weeks away, so nearly two months. What do you think? It's always good to get a second opinion and I trust your judgement, as you've always been very helpful in the past and useful!

By March it would be great to be out of the 'obese' category and well into the 'over-weight' category. Who knows? :)

• Being someone who doesn't really do anything for Christmas I always doubted the naysayers who said no one ever loses weight over Christmas. But having been involved in the site for a few years now, and as I was also the one who actually did the stats at one point, I would warn that from mid Dec until NY weight tends to go up rather than down, however hard we try, the best we can really hope for is to maintain. I think it's just the sheer number of tiny extra food and drink temptations, the extra tv making us that bit more sedentary, the colder weather putting us off from going outside as much. Not to mention any Christmas parties/dinners etc. Just the lead up alone is a minefield! I think the two weeks at the end of December are super difficult for anyone.

But from my experience having big ambitious goals, as long as you are realistic at the same time, can be very motivating. So if you say 1 stone by Christmas then so be it! It could happen! I'm aiming for 1-2 lbs per week, as I did in the past, but I'm hyper aware that the reality could be a lot slower. Hence the long time span... Also being closer to goal I think things would move slower for anyone...

• Yeah, the nearer you are to a healthy BMI the harder it gets (and don't we know it!) :P

I will take what you've said on board, and try to not get 'fixated' as it were if I don't quite lose a stone but I am hoping on what normally happens when I start dieting, after I've gained a significant amount of weight; I tend to lose a lot at first, relatively easily. That's not bragging, I simply find my body is so 'ready', as it were, to drop some of this excess fat that the first week or two weight just drops off with some very simply dietary changes. Here's hoping, anyway! :P

Saying that, it was around Christmas that things started to go badly for me, weight wise. I had a very hard time with all that temptation and I had no 'off switch' - after months of strict dieting and exercise regime and then to suddenly having loads of temptations and everyone around saying things like 'Oh, it's Christmas, go on - it's allowed - enjoy yourself' and that sort of mentality destroyed all that hard work and I could not get back in to the healthy lifestyle mentality once Christmas ended.

With that in mind, might it be better to not have a foody Christmas? I'm really not sure what will happen...

• Yes good point - that big initial loss seems to be happening here too, even though I'm close to healthy - it must be, like you say, my body was 'ready'. I had a shock seeing 10st9.5 on the scales on Sunday (I was expecting to see 10st3), and already by yesterday the scales have obliged me with a less heartstopping 10st 7.5. I just need to absolutely stick to my guns now and not forget how much it will mean to me to not just reverse these few lbs but get myself actually to the weight I want to be - and stay there. I think you can do it this christmas. Just always be one step ahead. Clementines are festive so always have a bowl of those to grab from, and there are lots of non-food festive things you can focus your attention on too. A lot of this game is about planning, and being prepared for all eventualities - or as many as you can be! :)

• Totally, I think planning will be key this time round and also, I know what my downfalls were last time so hopefully I can avoid them this year. :)

Thanks for the clementines tip, I love them anyway so will follow that advice to the limits lol. :P

I'm really glad you've had success with losing some lbs - I really do think that our bodies have to be ready to lose that weight - last year I hit a wall after months of successful weight-loss, which was not helped when Christmas came. I have read a few people's stories, where they have months of successful weight loss and then they hit a wall, no matter how good they have been. Then, out of nowhere it seems, suddenly the body starts to lose weight again, yet the individual has not done anything different. I hope this makes sense but I think you know what I mean...maybe that's what's going on with you.

I hope you continue with your weight loss / maintenance goals, you deserve to achieve great results. :)

• You just reminded me of LessToLose's post on The Plateau - I do remember I found a lot of it very helpful in terms of explaining why the body does this. She also did a great post on stress eating. But I'm going to be re-reading this one carefully so I'm prepared for the next 4 months of determinedly shifting these last unwanted lbs healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

:)

• Welcome back saskia !!

I'm still here ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

I'm hanging on in at 9st 8lb and maintaining this but would love to get to my target of 9st

I dare not leave this forum, I know that there is a possibility of the weight sliding back on and I aways said this was my final attempt.

So they're not going to get rid of me.... ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜† ever !!

Good to have you back ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Hey you! :D

Awesome achievement, you've done amazing!!! ;) :D I know you can get to 9 stone, you're so close!!! :O

hahaha they wouldn't want rid of you, you're a lovely ray of sunshine and an awesome member. :)

It's nice to hear from you again and thank you very much for your kind words, I've been made to feel very welcome back! :)

Sazkia x

• Hi Sazkia! Iโ€™m so glad to see you here again. Of course not glad that you gained some of the weight back on, but glad that you decided to put a stop to it and bubbling happy that you are back here with us. I missed your voice.

• Thank you :) It really is great to be back and I'm so happy to see so many familiar faces around still - it has made returning that much easier. :) And, of course I have missed you too! :D

Have you changed your username? It's nice. ;)

Thanks for your kind message.

Sazkia :) x

• Oh yes, I always forget - I'm IbenCopenhagen :-)

• You're daft, I know full well who you are lol, you still have the same picture! :P

xxx

• Your memory is superb!

• LOL no - I just grew up watching Pippi Longstocking! :)

• Welcome back!!

• Thanks Rob, much appreciated. :D

• Welcome back Sazkia well done for coming back to the forum ๐Ÿ˜€ Sorry you aren't feeling well

• Thank you, nteapea :)

You may also like...