Daily diary newby!

Hello i write a daily diary using my fitness pal, but im hoping for some advice. I have wrote below a typical day for me including exercise.

B: 2 medium eggs spring onion 4 cherry tomatoes

L: tortilla wrap rocket cucumber wafer thin chicken low fat dressing carrot sticks mange tout low fat hummus

D: chicken breast grilled red/green peppers onions avocado low fat mayo and boiled new potatoes

S: apple Alpen bar

All of this is around 1700 cals

Exercise: either a 30 min run, 30 min HIIT or piloxing class burning up to 500 calories

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you look in the Events Section, you will see a Daily Diary Event there for today Lalab1 I think moreless will be looking there for your food diary. 🙂

• Done 😊👍🏻

• Not yet you haven't :)

Are you using the HU App?

• Hi again, Lala, this is another post on the open forum, not the Daily Diary.

You must ignore where it says 'click to write your post' and scroll down to the last reply box, where it says 'leave a comment....'

You'll also be able to read other people's menus and learn from them.

At first look, this seems very little food for 1700 calories and wonder if you've been feeling hungry at all?

I would never advise eating low-fat products, as the fat is often replaced with sugar and we need fat to be able to absorb essential vitamins.

Be careful of the 'low-cal' cereal bars, as they can still contain a lot of sugar and a few nuts would be more filling and better for you.

Are you eating back your exercise calories?

If you transfer this to the Daily Diary, you'll get more input from other diarists and you'll see other menus for a similar number of calories :)

• Hello i had trouble finding it on my phone app. Thank you for looking through this for me. I use my fitness pal to find the calorie content. I do feel hungry i also have headaches! I was told not to eat back exercise calories as it wont put me in a calorie deficit is this right?

Im scared to eat full fat foods because of the amount of calories in them. Its all quite confusing.

• I would suggest you ditch the phone app and use the full website page, for ease of navigation :)

What exactly is your calorie allowance range? Did you get it from MFP, or the NHS BMI calculator?

To make life easier and to prevent hunger:

1. Get a personalised calorie allowance from the NHS BMI calculator, which takes your exercise into account.

2. Include natural fats into your menus, because they are more satiating and better for you. (I eat butter, cream, lard, dripping, whole milk and have lost 7 stone!)

3. Reduce high GI carbohydrates and replace with low GI.

• Hello yes i used the nhs app and it told me to have around 1600 to 2025. So ditch the my fitness pal app?

Im really worried ill just pile it all back on eating full fat foods 😂! Ill give it a whirl though thank you for your advice ! Xxx

• No ditch the HU app!! :)

You've gone too low, too soon! We always advise eating as much as you can, while still losing weight, you should try for 1900 calories to start with and see how you get on.

You won't, because by eating full fat, you'll feel fuller and won't need to keep snacking :)

• Ah sorry lol!! Panic head on! Ok ill try 1900 and full fat!! How long would you recommend i try 1900 for? Before lowering?

• It's all down to trial and error, I'm afraid. You need to be patient and consistent. If you continue to lose weight, then you're doing the right thing, although it can take a few weeks to convince your body to give up its fat.

As time goes on and you lose weight, you will need to reduce your calories, but it should be done slowly and gradually.

Remember, this is a marathon and not a sprint and you don't want to end up having to maintain at a very low calorie count.

• Thanks for all your advice! Its well appreciated!! X

• Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like, that's what we're here for :)

Onwards and downwards! :)

• You've been given great advice.

Enjoy your time exploring the forum, relax your panic head and relax to enjoy all that the forum is and offers.

Cheering you on to reach your goals 🎉🎉🎉

• Thank you so much! Xx

You may also like...