Monday Mass Movers - Weigh in for Monday 11th September

Monday Mass Movers - Weigh in for Monday 11th September

Welcome to Mondays Weigh In!

Please do not reply to this post until Monday 11th September.

Pineapple27 here, co-ordinating the weigh-in post for today. I’ll be hosting the Monday Weigh In thread on a fortnightly basis starting today.

Whatever your results are on the scales today, please do share them with us if you would like to.

Please be assured that we are here to support you on your journey, and if you’ve fallen by the way side, we are here to offer a hand to help you back up, dust you down and get you back track. If you’ve had a loss this week, we all want to celebrate with you!

With that in mind, we ask that everyone respond to at least one other member, ideally the person directly ahead of you on the thread. This is a bare minimum, though and we'd love to see everyone, with their pom poms, cheering as many people as they wish, on as many days as they like! Nobody complains about a bit of praise!

It would make things so much easier for us, if you could state your weight today, how much weight you've lost/gained/maintained this week and your goals/plans for the week ahead.

Other than that, feel free to share any details of your week that you like.

This is how you report today's weight:

Last week I weighed ????, this week I weigh ????, that's a loss/gain/maintain of ????

(Add a few words about your week and your aim for the following week)

Welcome all Newbies:

If you're joining this weigh-in group for the first time today – WELCOME!! Please introduce yourself and share your starting weight and your initial weight loss goals. Setting yourself mini-goals, leading to your ultimate weight loss goal, is particularly helpful. You could also make a note of your body measurements this might help you in the future if you find yourself getting despondent about your progress. Sometimes loss shows as inches rather than pounds or kilograms. Keep that tape measure handy!

If you’ve not already seen it, then take a moment to read the ‘Welcome Newbie’ pack, which is a Pinned post (situated on the right hand side of the homepage, or scroll right down to the bottom, if you're using a mobile).

Please only use this thread if you're weighing in on Monday 11th September 2017.

Here are last Mondays stats (4th September):

Total number weighing in - 37

Total number of replies - 268

Average number of replies - 7.24

Total amount of weight lost - 36.09lbs / 16.37kgs

Total amount of weight gained - 3.10lbs / 1.40kgs

Total number who maintained - 6

Newbies/Restarts - 5

Average weight lost - 1.03lbs / 0.46kgs

Number of members who did not disclose their weight - 0

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

318 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wishing everyone on the Monday Mass Movers a good result on the scales or with the tape measure...

Cheering you on to reach your goals 🎉🎉🎉

• Good luck Monday Mass Movers!!! :)

• Good morning - Well I was dreading stepping on the scales today after nearly 10 days of holiday with my lovely fit and thin daughter who eats like a horse !! but today 11st 11ibs last Monday 11st 11lbs so I maintain I must thank you all for the support and new things about diet I am learning here I am positive this is enabling me to choose wisely from a menu and adjust my eating habits I am aiming for a loss of another 1 stone plus having lost 11lbs in 6 weeks I am starting this week with new vigour Good luck everyone

• Woohoo, Milliemay!!! Result!!! However, you last weighed in a fortnight ago, at 11st 13lbs, which gives you an average weight loss of 1lb!! Yaaaaaay!!! :)

You've definitely learnt some valuable lessons and they will stand you in good stead, for the weeks ahead!

Here's to a fantastic week! :)

• Hi Moreless I am going to see if I can get a dressing change.

I will get back on later.

George

• Wow well done. x

• That's a good result Milliemay1- it shows that your habits are changing for the better x

• Thank you gettinghealthy50 Im certainly able to make better choices now - In the past Ive just let things go and never resumed a diet after a break but now Im determined My daughter is getting married next spring and I want to do her proud in the photos as her dad died and Im giving her away Im so grateful I found you all and the support and help anytime I need it Onwards and downwards !

• I am sure you will make your daughter proud by next spring Milliemay1 as it sounds as if you are getting to grips with your healthy eating now. Well done!

• A maintain on a ten day holiday is a great achievement. Hope you had a lovely time with your daughter.

• That is great news well done you and I hope you had a really good break away

• Thank you RachDawson I live in Devon so my daughter and her partner visit and we go visit Cornwall and various local attractions so its Devon cream teas and Cornish pasties ! Im back on 1300 calories for this week to kick start my continuing (hopefully) losses

• Well done on the maintain.. Can be hard when on holiday let alone when on holiday with people who aren't also Slimming down... Good luck for next week.

• Well done! I hope you had a fab time away :-D

• I'd be happy with a stay the same (STS) over a 10 day holiday!

• Good result 😀👍

• Congratulations on maintaining over you 10 day vacation! :D That's wonderful and I'm sure you'll be great giving your daughter away in the spring, though I'm sure she's proud of you already. :)

• Brilliant result after a weeks holiday and you actually lost well done, you obviously making great choices. Go girl, I am sure you will reach your goal in no time. Have a great week ☺

• Well done Milliemay1 , that's a brilliant loss when you have been on holiday :)

• Well done Milliemay1 that's a huge success on holiday.

• Well done 👍

• So pleased for you Milliemay1. You are right about making the right choices with food. It makes me feel quite powerful instead of that awful feeling of being out of control! You've had a lovely holiday without piling on the weight - what a result! 🌸

• Morning Monday movers. Thanks pineapple27 for hosting!!

Last week = 127.2

This week = 126.3 so .9k last week and 4.4k overall.

Waist last week 110 cm this week 108 cm so the strength exercises making a difference - 5 cm overall 😁

Goal this week = 3 zombie runs and 2 strength and flexibility podcasts.

• Well done, great loss in both kg and inches!

• Well done! Great weight loss and even more good news with the measuring tape!

• What a fantastic loss, Idervethis and I think you deserve a new badge!! :)

Keep up the great work!! :)

• Lol 😆 that has made me happier than the loss!!!

• Brilliant! Well done 😁

• Great loss there and really love the idea of Zombie runs. Must investigate them!

• Well done! Zombie runs sound fun.

• I'm fascinated! What is a "zombie run"?

• Congratulations on your loss! ;)

Your new badge looks fantastic on you. The lovely admins will have to be shining up another one for you in no time! Good luck with your runs, I hope you survive the zombies. ;)

• That new badge really suits you Ideservethis :)

Well done

Debs

• Well done Ideservethis! Good weight and cm loss!

• Well done Ideservethis, great weight loss and inches!

• Good morning Pineapple 🍍 thanks for hosting the group today.

I was 30st. 13lbs. Last week.

Today.30st. 12.3/4lbs.

A 1/4lb. Loss.

Hopefully I will do better next time.

I'm just going slow for a while.

My leg dressing must Weigh a few lbs. Lol.

Good luck to everyone today.

George

• A small loss is better than no loss - keep up the good work :)

• Many thanks, I'm going to get the weight down slowly and steadily.

Have a great day.

George

• I'm a bit confused George, because last week you logged your weight at 30st!! There's a typo somewhere! :o

• Good attitude. Keep on keeping on and you will get there!

• Definitely good to be going in the right direction and good luck with the leg.

• Well done George - a loss is a loss and every small tiny loss takes you closer to your goal!

• Hi Pineapple 🍍, it's been a while and I am so glad to get back on the group forum.

I'm going slow for a wee while, as trying to build myself up.

Low blood count and iron which I am dealing with.

I'm a bit swollen up today after getting the dressing changed.

Sore knees, so I must lose weight.

Did you have any holiday breaks.

Lovely to see you hosting the show for the Monday group.

Enjoy your evening.

George

• Well done, George, and I'm glad it's going in the right direction. Keep it up! :)

• Hi Vicky I will thanks, hope that you are doing well today and having a nice day.

George

• A loss is a loss George56 , every little helps and I am sure those bandages weigh a ton ;)

Debs

• I agree with this as a lot of leakage this morning, tmi.

All good now and I think about a 1/2lb.

The dressings.

Enjoy your evening Deb's.

George

• Well done George56 any weight loss is success, well done. Better to lose slowly and keep the weight off.

• Hi Jane thanks for your support and I'm happy with any Loss.

Target is getting back to 30st.

Then 29st.

Then I must keep on going down.

Thanks again Deb's.

George

• Good morning Monday Mass Movers- I missed last week but so far so good:

2 weeks ago 14 st 4

Last Monday 14 st 3

Today 13 st 13

Loss this week 4 lbs - and out of the 14 st bracket- yay🎉

Feeling very positive- I am losing weight I have lost before but feeling motivated to keep up the calorie counting and meal planning to get a bit further this time and stay there :)

• Well done on a fantastic loss this week - and congratulations on making it out of the 14s! I love that feeling of there being a new number at the start, feels like big progress.

• Well done, Gettinghealthy50, that warrants a new badge! :)

• Fantastic! Well done!

• Great result!

• Well done on that significant loss! Lovely to be down into another stone bracket. I find it really hard to believe that I was ever 14 stone, 13 stone something, etc!

• Congratulations on a fantastic loss and for getting into the 13s! :)

With your determination and motivation I'm sure you've seen the last of the 14s for good!

• That is a brilliant loss Gettinghealthy50 :)

It always feels good to change stones :)

Debs

• Getting healthy you are doing well today and a big well done from me to you.

George

• Wow! Well done to you for getting into the 13's. That meal planning definitely works! 🌸

• Good morning everyone and thanks Pineapple27 for hosting!

It's a 1lb loss for me this week:

Starting weight (1 Jan): 15st 10lb

Last week: 11st 11lb

Today: 11st 10lb

That brings me to a total loss of 4 stone overall.

I have a 10k next weekend so that's my main goal for the week rather than a particular weight loss goal, but my next mini-goal is 11st 5lb which will get me out of 160s and will also take me to less than a stone from the top of my 'healthy' weight BMI bracket.

• That is such an incredible achievement. Where is the 10k?flat or hilly? I'm going to do one over the next few months and looking for ideas- I'm in the south west. Keep going you've done so well you are inspiring others as well as making big changes for yourself.

• Thanks for the encouragement! :)

The 10k is in Richmond Park (I'm based in London) - course is hilly which I'm slightly nervous about, looking at the course profile the first 3km are entirely uphill but then it's flat/downhill from there so I guess at least the hills are out of the way at the beginning... But even so that's a lot of uphill!

• Sounds good- go for it! Your first? or are you a seasoned runner? Either way, you're making a great decision and I bet you'll feel great after. Doing this 10k will bring such confidence to your other goals.

• My second, and I've been running 10k in training so I'm not tooooo worried about the distance apart from the elevation - will just have to see how it goes!

• I enjoyed my walk around Richmond Park a good while ago.

It's mega big, I was visiting in Richmond.

My youngest brother is in Surrey Cobham.

Enjoy your evening.

George

• Woohoo, Abi!!! WTG you!!! My pom poms are going wild!!! :)

You have a lovely new badge too!! :)

• Thank you for the badge! 😄

• I can see @moreless is going to need some new pom poms at this rate!

• Congratulations, that is such a great achievement. I like your goals, you're close to where I'd like to be in a few months time :-D

• Wow! 4 stone loss! I know how that feels! :D

• Congratulations on your incredible weight loss abigettinghealthy :)

That nice shiny badge looks good on you

Debs

• Wow abigettinghealthy! You have done so brilliantly since January! Your progress is very impressive!

Good luck for the 10k run as well. You are certainly an inspiration!

• Fantastic! Congratulations! :D

Your shiny new 4 stone badge looks fantastic as well.

Good luck with your 10K next weekend, you're far braver than I am. :)

• Wow what an amazing achievement abigettinghealthy, well done :) Good luck with the 10K.

• That's amazing. You are an inspiration! Good luck with your run. 🌸

• Well lost 1 and. 1/4 lb. my first stone gone ! Lost one and. 1/4 altogether. Happy not had the best of week diet wise as two takeaways this week.

Going to a wedding and was going to wear a dress I wore for my daughters wedding two years ago but now wearing a dress I wore once for a wedding three years ago.

• That is awesome. What a significant milestone! And the dress is such a bonus. Well done you. You must have done something right and eaten well the rest of the week since you lost while living life to the full with a couple of takeaways!

• Brilliant news, Sandy, my pom poms are in overdrive and you have a shiny new badge! :)

Don't forget to help Rose out by logging last week's weight, this week's weight and weight lost :)

• Many congratulations on the stone but wearing the dress must feel even better!

• Wow! We are doing well Monday Movers! Congratulations SandyH77 - that new badge suits you!

• Well done SandyH77 :)

Must feel great getting back into that dress ;)

Debs

• Well done SandyH77! It feels great when the first stone is gone doesn't it! Well done for getting into a dress from 3 years ago! Good progress!

• Woohoo! It's great getting out the stuff you though you'd grown out of. Congratulations and on your shiny 1 stone badge as well. :)

• Well done! There's nothing quite like fitting into different clothes. 🌸

• Was 12st 10lb. Today 12st.7lb=3lb loss! I'm a newbie. This is my first Weigh in. I started at 12 stone 10lb last week. I weigh 12 stone 7lb today but that is in the morning without clothes so I'm not sure how much I've lost, as my start weight is a bit questionable. I was so desperate to begin I didn't wait to weigh in exact same way. Next week will be interesting! I lost 3lb and 1 inch from my not pulled in waist ! I'm really pleased. I've eaten more healthily than I have in a long time but I did relax at the weekend. My one rule is if I eat it I record it.

• Well done.

• That's a great loss, well done! And welcome to the Monday weigh in :)

• That is a brilliant start. I noticed it from my waist too and that seemed to be where a lot of the initial weight seemed to come from. Very good for me as the doc had said that was where carrying weight was an even bigger problem. Well done!

• Welcome to the Monday weigh-in, Rach and many congrats for losing 3lbs!! WTG you! You're off to a flying start!! :)

Don't worry about the tiny difference your clothes will have made, just continue to weigh, in the buff! ;)

• Well done on a great first week!

• Well done RachDawson - that's a brilliant loss for your first week! Hope that this wonderful downward trend continues for you!

• Thank you-and for hosting the post!

• What a brilliant start RachDawson :)

Yeah it is really important to keep a record of everything you eat or drink

Debs

• Such a good result RachDawson! Well done!

It really helps to record everything that you eat. It makes you feel accountable and think about what you eat more.

• Congratulations on a fantastic loss for your first week. :)

Like moreless said, don't worry too much about the exact start weight, it's all downhill from here. :)

• That's a great start RachDawson. It sounds like you have the right attitude & recording what you eat means you don't feel deprived. It works for me! 🌸

• Good morning everyone and thanks for hosting Pineapple 27. I got a bit of a shock though when the Monday Movers post seemed to say "do not reply to this post" but it was just the way it had displayed on my phone and once I clicked on it the full message came up 😆

I've been away for a few days so it's not good news. Had a great time though so it was worth it.

Last week I was 10st 12.8lbs

Today I weigh 11st 0.2lbs so a gain of 1lb 0.4lbs.

I will be working hard this week to make sure it comes off. Good luck this week everyone!

• These one off gains seem to happen when you're away. Once you're back in the routine it will work much better.

• Definitely hard to keep it all going when away from home, really good luck with next week.

• The important thing is that you had a great time, Mission and that tiny gain will soon go :)

• I have a few social events coming up over September and October that are going to see a slight increase in poundage. I've been working hard in advance to try and get my weight as low as I am able to, and I won't go crazy. However careful I am though, being so close to my goal weight (11lbs away) means that inevitably I will eat more - I won't be logging as I'll be away.

Please don't despair, get back to what you know works! It will soon be gone in a day or two and you'll be ready to get those scales moving downwards next week!

Life can't be put on hold for our weight loss journeys. We will continue to have holidays, meals out, the odd slice of cake.... the main thing is that when we are able to, we concentrate on changing how we eat and what we eat.

• So true! Thanks

• It could of been a lot worse Mission17 ;)

I am sure you will soon get it back off again

Debs

• Life still continues Mission17! You have the rest of it to get to your target! You will be back to normal in a few days and have the lovely memories of a good time away too!

• Thank you. I feel a bit stuck over the last few weeks but I'll get there!

• Glad you had a nice time and I'm sure a small gain like that will be gone in a flash.

Good luck! :)

• Very best of luck to all you Monday Mass Movers. Hope the scales are kind to you

• Morning. Last week I weighed 12.13 and this week I weighed 12.13 So stayed the same.

I've exercised everyday and done my 10000 steps each day too. My calories averaged 2300 So I need to get those down to 2000 (1700-2100 on nhs calculator).

Still motivated so that's the main thing 😊

• Great that you're getting the exercise and that you didn't gain weight.

• With all that exercise you are probably feeling better even if the weight hasn't moved yet. I am still trying to get 10000 each day and struggling to achieve that. Some days, loads, others sitting in the office not so much :(

• It is a bit of an effort to get the steps in. I sometimes walk around the garden whilst the kids are having their dinner if I need to get some more done. Keep ploughing on and well done for the 10kg weight loss 👍

• You're doing well, Madflo, just keep crossing things off your list slowly and you'll soon find that everything slots into place :)

• Thank you ☺

• Motivation is key and you sound very motivated! You may find that your body is retaining water if you've been exercising so much. Muscles retain water to help them repair/recover after exercise but that should level out over time.

Depending on the nature of your exercise, don't forget to give yourself one rest day each week?

• I will do, I had a rest today and enjoyed it! Thanks for the info about the water, I didn't realise that 🙂

• Well done on doing the exercise and 10,000 steps. :)

• Well done on maintaining this week, Madflo!

Congratulations on keeping up with the 10,000 steps too! :)

• Yes! Love to hear a post like this. To keep motivated in the 'stay the same' or even the 'put on' moments is probably more important than what happens when we lose. Inspired by you.

• Ah thanks! Hope you're doing ok with your little weight loss journey 😊

• I've gained 0.25 lbs this week. Up from 11st 11.25lbs to 11st 11.5lbs. Again.

I've been hovering at this level for quite while.

• Why not try logging onto the Daily Diary, derrygeel and we can ee if there's a way to tweak your menus and maybe join one of the challenges, for extra motivation? :)

• To be honest I'm not sure the actual menus are the problem. The main meals are sensible. It's just I've been lacking in discipline over the summer. Now that I'm back at work there is a lot of work as .y job description has changed so my head is taken over with that now.

I'll get there eventually.

• Hi derrygeel - Quarter of a pound isn't bad - are you able to identify why you're not losing?

Try weighing out portions (if you aren't already doing so) as trying to estimate what 30g of cereal looks like is impossible! After over 5 years of losing weight, I still weigh out most things!

Are you feeling hungry at all? Please as moreless suggests, join the Daily Diary and take a peek at what others are eating for their menus - making a few tweaks in your food choices will make a difference for next week for sure - and don't forget to drink plenty of water!

• Frustrating I know, but at least 1/4 of a lb isn't much to contend with. I seem to be stuck hovering in the 13s as well, just need to find a way to carry my motivation on through the whole day and not fall apart in the evening.

Maybe have a look at where you're not eating as well as you could?

Good luck! :)

• Last week I vowed to improve my menus and spend more time with the daily diary. I did some nice recipes but failed to actually log most of them on the diary but still...

Achievement this week I ran 15k in total though very slowly

Starting weight 96kg

Last week I weigh: 86.4

This week I weigh: 84.6

Loss this week: 1.8kg

Goals for next week: go and ask for my next badge, use the Forum more and try to do more steps on the days I don't exercise. Otherwise if I can't find time to exercise my activity is very low.

• Great loss Annafrances , well done! I've been working from home and it's done my step count no good at all...usually still under 1000 by mid afternoon! So that's a great goal and I might just borrow it...

• Woohoo Annafrances, that's a great loss! Well done you! :)

I think using the forum more is a really good idea and maybe you could join the exercise challenges, to keep you moving? :)

• Excellent loss, and great achievable goals!

• Wow, wow, WOW! That's am impressive weight loss Annafrances - Glad you've been trying some new recipes - keeps it interesting and varied and you can get to try some new tastes and food stuffs!

• Well done Annafrances, that is a brilliant loss and I love your badge :)

Debs

• Thanks and excited by badge too. Long way to go but feel I am making progress.

• Congratulations on a fantastic loss! Sounds like what you're doing is working and you have some great goals for this week. Good luck! :)

• Last week 11 st 8 today 11st 6 3/4. Lost 1lb 1/4 .Total 1st 1/4 lbs

• Well done SandyH77 ! Keep it going...

• Thanks Sandy :)

You can edit your posts, by clicking on the v, next to the like button :)

• Yippeeeeee!!!! That's brilliant! The "Ten stone somethings" are beckoning you SandyH77

• Well done SandyH77 :)

• Congratulations on losing 1.25lbs! Your 1 stone badge looks great! :)

• Last week was mixed - I got a nasty head cold - still have it, so only managed 1 run :/

Also hitting end stages with my final project I just stopped counting kcals and left my Fitbit on the shelf. I didn't have much appetite though, thus I know I didn't go over 1000kcal a day since Thursday.

So I'm not sure my result is aaall that positive. Going back on the clocks today.

Start Weight : 102.7kg

Last Week: 100.0kg

This week: 97.7kg

Loss: 2.3kg

This means I have reached my first goal weight aka I dropped 5kg in the first three weeks!

I know, though, that I should not under eat as I did the last few days, so I moved my offical-reward goal to 95kg.

Sec

• Wow secular that's a great start! If you're eating too little, you'll slow down your loss though, so check your minimum intake.

Mind you I'm the slowest loser in the universe but I'm sure others will agree, you need to be between your minimum and maximum calories to lose at the optimum rate...

• Hi, yes I know, that's why I'm not fully celebrating this result. I'm aware that I have to watch under eating as I'd like to stay healthy. Mind you the stress of my final project and the head cold were definitely playing a role here.

Handed in my project yesterday, so today is the first day of the rest of my life :)

• Hurray!

Yes it is...and hopefully you've beaten the cold into submission too.

• Hope your final project goes well, and that you get well soon.

• Yay! Illness can be horrible as can additional pressures on your time - but you've still managed despite that to lose quite a considerable amount - congratulations!

• Well done secular that is a brilliant loss :)

• Hope your cold clears up soon and congratulations on finishing your final project! That must be a great weight off.

Congratulations on losing, it's great to have a bit of a kick start. I know you're not fully celebrating it due to the week you've had, but as I blip rather than a regular thing I'm sure it won't cause you too much trouble. :)

• Hello , I would like to join you all with the weigh in today please.

I am a starting weight of 11stone 0.5lb and have a target of 9.stone I originally joined you last year, but have had a bad year and problems with my hip which meant I could not exercise.

I am on the road to recovery now and am looking forward to joining everyone again.

• Welcome to our Monday weigh-in, Wilma :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering with your hip, but pleased that you're now on the road to recovery :)

Although you're not technically a newbie, this is a fresh start for you, so I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Wishing you a great first week back :)

• Of course you're more than welcome to join us Wilma57 !! Welcome back! Hope that your hip problems are sorted now? I know the frustrations of not being able to exercise, as I have a disability that means my mobility is severely restricted - take a look at some of my past posts which may be useful to you:

• So here I am again, the slowest loser.

Starting weight 12st 5lbs

Last weighed in on 21st August at 10st 13lbs - beginning to believe my scales were stuck at that weight (or I was) forever.

Trip to New York...many huge temptations all of which I indulged. Offset slightly by walking at least 20,000 steps a day. Back for ten days and the good news is...drumroll please....

Today I am 10st 10lbs!

Very relieved my scales aren't broken and neither am I

Onwards and downwards people. I might get that last 5lbs (to my first goal) by Christmas. 😂 You have to laugh eh?!

• Thats a great result, keep up the good work.

• Woohoo, Motwcoop!!! Fantastic result! That gives you an average loss of 1.5lbs :)

Slowly and surely wins the race! :)

• Wow! Having been to NY myself for my 50th birthday, I know about the food out there - well done for managing to lose! Keep it up! :D :D

• That is a really good loss MotwCoop :)

Well done

Debs

• 😣😣 So gutted...

Start weight:21st 10lb

Last week's weight: 22st

This weeks: 22st 3lbs 😣😣😣

Started the gym this week and walked around the market for 3 hours On Saturday so seriously hoping it fluid retention and I really tried to mind my eating now my eldest is back at school.

Thou shall not be deterred.. Gym and swimming again this week and lots of fruit in from the market...

Good luck for the week ahead guys.

• Sounds like your focused, good luck for next week

• missamz, I suggest you log onto the Daily Diary for some help, because weight loss is more about intake, than exercise.

It may be that a little tweaking could make all the difference :)

Don't forget that fruit contains a lot of fructose, so eat more veggies, for better results :)

Onwards and downwards! :)

• I have looked into daily diary but I follow a slimming world approach rather then counting calories..

• Don't forget that there's a lot of things on an SW meal plan that are unlimited, so you have to exercise your own portion control. Maybe that's why you haven't managed to lose anything yet?

There are all sorts of different meal plans on the DD and I'm sure you'll be able to sort out what's going to work for you :)

• Be a little careful with fruit intake - some fruit contains a lot of sugar so is calorific if eaten in large quantities.

Are you managing to log your food at all?

Keep going! Don't give up!

• Hi, I am watching what I am eating more now my son has gone back to school.. I am on maternity leave at the moment so I am still struggling but getting through it day by day.

• Morning Pineapple27 and thanks for sharing your fantastic hostessing skills! :)

I'm extremely frustrated this morning. I had a difficult week (food-wise) last week so am not really surprised at a gain. However, my scales are going rather dodgy. I did lose willpower quite a few weekends and have a bit too much cake on several days, but from my tracking not 1/2 a stone's worth!?!?!? :O It's not TTOTM so it's not that I've got lots of water hanging on. So after a bit of tinkering I'm going with the following:

weight last week - 13 stone 2lbs

weight this week - 13 stone 4lbs (ish)

So a gain of 2lbs.

I have to say that at this point I'm not even all that bothered by the gain so much as EXTREMELY annoyed at the state of my scales. I'm going to have to either 1) replace them or 2) find a way to calibrate them (they're mechanical). Either way, it'll have to wait until payday to see what I can do about it.

What I really need to do is find a way to get out of this rut. I do really well during the day, following my plan and keeping to my allowance. Then in the evening my husband has been on a cake binge and I haven't been able to resist. So not ALL his fault ;) but the temptation is not helping. So this week's goal is to take it one day at a time and hold my nerve in the evenings (and convince my husband to not bring home any cake!).

Good luck to you all today, may your scales be kind (and less of a pain than mine!) :)

• Hmm, I'm inclined to out your husband on the naughty step! Can he have his cake during the day? Good luck this week x

• He very kindly bought it for us to share. :P I hope he's gotten the hint now and we won't have any more cake popping up this week! :)

• Ah, he's off the step now! :-D

• I think you need to have the same conversation as I did with my husband when he kept surprising me with treats! Nowadays he asks first if he feels tempted to get me something nice!

Don't despair. You will get there in the end if you keep at it!

• It's really just recently we've taken the dive into too much naughtiness! He would like (need) lo lose weight as well. I think we just got into some bad habits when we were both off for 2 weeks in August so we need to get back into the good habits now!

Thanks! :)

• Oh dear - lets hope it's the scales! I'm sorry that your husband isn't being a little more supportive.... We freeze the cake we buy/make in portions of 2 slices and take one portion out whenever we fancy some. It stops us over-indulging!

• That's a good idea, I will have to try that one. :)

• I am astonished at myself. I have been busy at allotment so I haven't counted any calories, my thoughts were, that i would normally drink alcohol every night, and if I quit the drink something must come off, and I ate apple pie with spray cream, but result is great news.

Start weight 11stone 5.5

Last week 11 stone 0.5

This week 10 stone 11.25

That's 3.25 lb off

And I have more money in the bank off not buying wine. WIN WIN.

A very happy Karen wishing you all a great result next week.

• Wow Kaza67 Keeping busy and lots of exercise plus giving up alcohol - rewarded with a HUGE loss! Sounds to me like that was well deserved and you shouldn't be astonished!

Keep up the good work!

• Thanks Pineapple

• That's brilliant Kaza67 :)

You will be able to use the money you save on wine to buy your smaller clothes :)

Debs

• That is fabulous @Kaza67! Well done!

• That's great news Kaza67 & into the 10's as well. Have another great week! 🌸

• Everyone is doing so well in spite of the holidays, I wish I could match it. Oh dear! All through the week it was 12st13lb. A gain of 3lb since the beginning of August and holidays. Today, i weighed in at 13st 0lb. Going the wring way but yesterday I had trouble with my hip and did not move all day . Strange that the impact of inactivity can be so immediate. Right - my target this week is 12st12lb, achieved by increased activity (leg permitting) and four alcohol-free days. And I hope to be able to match missamz's excellent attitude!

• That's only an average gain of 0.5lbs per week, Lizzie and I'm sure you'll soon lose it :)

What you have to remember about reduced activity, is that you need to reduce your calories to compensate :)

Have a great week :)

• I'll echo moreless 's comments - being disabled I know just how critical it is to reduce my calories to take account of that. My calories for maintaining are just 1,300 a day :-(

I hope that you are able to stall the upwards trend and see the 12 stone somethings next week?

I have hip pain (currently being investigated, likely to stem from degeneration of my lower spine) but I've been told by my physio to keep it moving - and I know that works! If I sit all day, by night time, I'm in much more pain....

I have copied this from a sheet my physio gave me:

•Remember exercise and being active is good for pain, and pain can get better

•Rest is not helpful

•The best type of exercise is one you enjoy

•Exercise can prevent recurrence of pain

•Regular exercise is a must

•Soreness after exercise does not indicate damage

•Exercising in a relaxed manner is important

• I find I retain a lot of fluid if I am unable to move as much as usual.

Hopefully, you will lose next week :)

Debs

• Very encouraging indeed!

• This week results

Start weight: 17st 2lb (17/05/2017)

Last Week: 16st 8 ½ lb (04/09/2017)

This week: 16st 7 ½ lb (11/09/2017)

Weeks loss: 1 lb (total weight loss 8 ½ lb)

I have no idea how I managed to lose this week as it has been an awful week. Here is hoping this week is better.

• If you can lose in an "awful" week, I wonder what you can do in a "normal" week?? :D :D

Here's hoping this week is a better week for you!

• Well done DD7005, any loss is a step in the right direction :)

Debs

• Don't put yourself down DD7005. You must be doing something right. Just stick at it and best wishes to you for a better week. 🌸

• Start: 12st 9.5, waist 42.5, BMI 32.5

Last week: 12st 1.5, waist 41, BMI 31

This week: 12st 0.5, waist 41, BMI 31

Happy with that, after fully catered weekend away (at a kid's activity centre, so lots of chips!)

• Well done you that must have been difficult and you still lost. And, your waist and BMI are coming down. You must feel great. Hope you have a great week ☺

• Hi diamondblock, a pound loss is always to be celebrated, especially when you've not bee in control of the menu. Big congratulations, well done, and have a great week.

• Well done diamondblock :)

Debs

• Good morning all, This is my first Monday and I'm weighing in at 11.11, with a target weight of 10st. I intend to lose it by putting my sweet tooth in the naughty corner. I'm brand nwe so I hope I'm not posting stuff in the wrong places. Thanks for being so welcoming.

• Hi there, I'm in my 2nd week here so still learning the ropes myself. I like the idea of putting the sweets in the naughty jar. Good luck with your first week. Sending positive vibes your way 😀

• Welcome to our Monday weigh-in, witzy, you found exactly the right place! Well done you! :)

• As a newbie to this site and not very techie I posted my results in the wrong place, was put right by an administrator, thank you. My spiel is in a new thread so will just put my results. Lost the pound I put on last week plus another half pound so three pounds off in three weeks in total xx

• Do you know how to copy and paste, Jan, because you could just transfer your post over? :)

You'll also need to log your starting weight, your weight last week and your weight today, to make life easier for Rose, our stats woman :)

Is this correct?

Start weight - 11st 11lbs

Last weight (28th Aug) - 11st 8.5lbs

Today's weight - 11st 8lbs

Average weigh loss for the fortnight - 0.25lbs

Well done for managing to find us again :)

• Yes that's correct oops again sorry will get sorted..... Promise xx

• It really is no problem, Jan, we all had to learn :)

• Hi jan53, you are definitely in the right place and great job on your loss. Have a great week ☺

• Hi JanP53 well done on your loss. Three pounds in three weeks is a great start. Have a super week!

• Hi JanP53 well done on getting your 3lb badge :)

Debs

• 2nd week weigh in for me

Was 158 lb

Now 157.2 lb

Really pleased with that as I am a slow loser. My usual is 2lb a month so I'm on track with a good start. Slow and steady is my mantra. It may take me a while but it works for me 😀

• A really brlliant attitude and a great loss. Have a great week ☺

• Hi food4fuel how refreshing to hear someone happy with slow and steady loss! I am in one of the lulls where I'm having to remind myself that sometimes the body needs a moment to get its bearings before it goes back to big losses.

Well done getting started, sticking to it, and choosing a pace you can live with. Have a super week!

• That is a good steady loss and they say if it comes off slower there is more chance of it staying off ;)

Debs

• Good Morning everyone, I hope you all havent suffered too much rain this week! Although a loss this week a little disappointed with myself, because the weather has been rubbish I have spent too much time curled up with a book instead of moving 😕 However a loss is a loss for which I am truly grateful. Last week I weighed 14 stone 5.75 pounds, this week 14 stone 4.5 pounds a loss of 1.25 pounds. Although I am away for a few days next week I am hoping to reach my 5 stone goal at the end of September and as I am going to Butlins with my Granddaughter and her parents for a midweek tots break and its her 2nd birthday whilst we are away, I am sure I will be kept active. 😆 Good luck everyone and have a great week ☺

• Well done 🎉

• Congrats on your weight loss this week, Purplerosie. What a fantastic achievement and that badge is so very near it will spur you on to keep going. Have a lovely holiday.

As far as the rain is concerned I had to make a tough decision last week. I couldn't really afford to keep up with my gym membership and it was raining cats and dogs most days so I didn't fancy walking. I went out and bought a good set of waterproofs (still need to replace my walking boots as they leak) and go out walking in the rain. It wasn't that bad at all so I might get accustomed to it.

Roll on summer x

• Thank you Kalahuchi, following in your footsteps ☺ I too can't afford gym membership and I have been very lucky that my son and daughter-in-law have bought me a second hand bike, I like you need to buy some waterproofs to get out in the rain, like you say it can't be that bad ☺ x

• You have so much to celebrate! Being curled up with a book is a good one for a start! (What was the book?)

Seriously though I understand the 'regret' around that - I am reading much less now I am putting my spare minutes into moving. I need to get an audio book back on my mobile so I don't lose my grasp of the language!

A loss of 1.25 is terrific. You've lost ***4 stone???!!!*** And you've got a granddaughter to go away with. This is all such good stuff, the stuff a good life is made of. Congratulations on your loss, and have a super week away :-)

• Thank you traisee, it is a long road and sometimes I seem to lose sight of what I have achieved! I love reading, actually holding a book and reading. So I think I am going to have to use books as a reward for exercise and see how that works. I'm sure I will be very active whilst I am away 😆 Thank you for reminding me how lucky I am. I hope you have a great week. ☺ x

• Well done purplerosie , we have had rain most day this week ;(

Sun is trying to come out now so fingers crossed

Debs

• Thank you, lets hope the sun makes it through ☺

• You are doing brilliantly purplerosie! So close to your 5stone badge! You are fabulous!

• Thank you Mimirossi, hope you have a great week ☺

• Good morning all and thanks for hosting Pineapple. It's been at least a month since I last posted - health issues taking priority - but I fancied dipping in to speak to my old pals on the forum and to meet all of you lovely newbies.

Business first: last week I weighed 10st 6lb and this week I'm back to my lowest weight of 10st 2lb. That's a loss of 4lb.

After a lifetime of yo-yo dieting I feel like I've found the Holy Grail and have now maintained my over-all 5st 12lb weight loss for at least 4 months.

Pineapple, you've hit the nail on the head today; for me it was lots of teeny, tiny positive changes that built up to a whole new super healthy me and it's also teeny little changes that result in the weight coming back on when it starts to creep up. Nowadays I just chug into reverse when that happens (last week I drank herbal tea instead of milky coffee; went for an extra walk every day and totally banned myself from unnecessary snacking between meals). It's a revelation!

I wasn't prepared to feel constantly hungry and become rather preoccupied with the next meal when I'd finished all the hard work of getting the weight off in the first place but I think that's just my hormones in a twirl, telling me I'm starving when I have rather too many squishy bits still for that to be even a remote possibility.

To all of you Newbies just know that you can change your life for the better and it is worth every bit of effort you put in. The health benefits and confidence boost for me have been so amazing I can't begin to tell you; it's like being a whole different person. My neighbour stopped me in the street last week and told me I looked younger than when she first met me (15 years ago!). Moments like that are priceless.

Good luck to you all x

• Nice loss well done

• Wow kalahuchi thanks for the honest reflections about being a maintainer. That's an amazing loss and I think I and probably more of us need to understand more clearly that arriving at the ideal weight doesn't mean that life is suddenly going to become easy and that food will never be an issue again.

The small changes - thanks Pineapple27 - I think they are in some ways almost the point, more than the achievement itself. By which I mean, you can't have the whole without its parts. So I'm still working out the parts.

So glad for you that you're back where you want to be. Have another good week!

t

• Thanks Traisee, there's not much out there on maintaining and it's where I've always fallen down before. I've always hit my lowest weight and then it's started to pile on again immediately at the same rate at which it came off so this time I probably put more effort into how I was going to maintain any weight I managed to lose than losing the weight in the first place (sounds a bit crazy but it's paid off).

It means I was prepared for the wild fluctuations and I weigh myself every other day so it doesn't get out of control. Also, before I would have seen a 2-4lb gain in one week as a personal failure and gone into a downward spiral, but now I know that can be quite normal and I can get it off just as quickly. That 4lb is my cut off point and I know I must never let it go above that.

I truly wasn't prepared for the hormonal thing to be such an issue. My body is fighting back in a very big way and that's quite obvious. I knew that happened in theory but, goodness me, I do hope that it will settle down eventually. Anyway, that's enough of my waffle.

Onwards and downwards x

• As a new maintainer that is very helpful kalahuchi. Thank you!

• My pleasure and good luck x

• What a fantastic inspiration to us all. Co gratulations on your loss and I sincerely hope your health issues become manageable very soon. Good to hear from you. Take care x

• Thank you for your good wishes purplerosie. I have so missed all of you. x

• Welcome back kalahuchi, you've been missed! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've had health issues and hope that they've been resolved now :)

You are a maintainer extrordinaire, because when you last weighed in, you were 10st 2lbs! Well done you! Are you still going for the 6st loss? :)

Make the most of all those magic moments, because they serve as a reminder for how far you've come :)

• Thank you Moreless and it's nice to be back. Health issues are ongoing I'm afraid but today I'm feeling good so making the most of the bounciness. Yes, the magic moments are stacking up and a constant reminder that I mustn't fall back into my old ways. I think I am going to go for the 6 stone as I really have been back on the straight and narrow this week so if I can just keep that going, anything is possible. See you next week x

• I really hope that you'll be able to get on top of those health issues soon, kalahuchi and I shall start polishing your badge now! :)

• Wow 5 stone plus! That is my ultimate goal. Thank you for the helpful words - it is so true how much better we will feel.

Good luck for next week x

• Thank you pinkhairedgirl and it looks as if you've made an excellent start. Take it one step at a time and the pounds will just melt away. This time around I decided to avoid having a goal weight, but my goal was to make permanent lifestyle changes and to keep off any weight I managed to lose. Who would have thought what was going to happen next?

Good luck x

• Glad that some of my comments resonated with you kalahuchi - you've done exceptionally well. I have found maintaining almost harder than losing weight in the first place!

• Yes, me too, but it's worth it and knowing that these ups and downs and hunger pangs are nothing to do with being weak willed or out of control but just part of the process is helping me to ride the storm. Good luck with your maintaining, Pineapple27 x

• Congratulations on your weight loss kalahuchi :)

People like you are the inspiration us newbies need, Thank you

Debs

• Thank you for your kind words Debs2510. I read lots of posts when I first started too. I really love this community x

• kalahuchi that is such a good post. You have done so well to firstly lose nearly 6 stone and then to maintain your healthier weight! You give hope to us all!

• We hear such negative things about the proportion of people who keep their weight off, but actually I think that's because society as a whole ignores maintaining a weight loss as if it just sorts itself out, which of course doesn't happen at all.

I reckon if we were given more guidance on what to do once we'd lost weight and all talked more about it then there'd be loads more of us keeping it off.

It sounds as if you're doing rather well yourself Mimirossi; congrats x

• That is a very good point kalahuchi! We are rather left to flounder as there is not much information out there about maintaining.

• Still not feeling very well, not entirely sure why, gp has no clue, possibly viral..... answer for everything when they don't know ....

Anyway I have gained 1lb, so now 14.1 which considering my appetite has been even less than normal, I'll take that.....

Not sure how this week will pan out, will try and hit calorie target. Very frustrated f I'm honest....

Have a great week all

R💞

• Hi Rosie173 when you're not feeling well it would be especially helpful to see a loss, wouldn't it? But just turning up on the weigh-in and planning for a good week shows that things have changed for you. Good luck with this week, try to remember all the non-scale things that have improved for you. And do feel better soon x

• Yes definitely, I mean why can't I have one of those simple bodies that reacts by losing weight when I don't eat! 🙄😂

Yes I have changed, more willing to record my gains, I'm in a better head space, it's taken a long while, but I do feel I'm getting somewhere ...... just wish the scales would co operate re my lack of food intake 😂😂

I've hit a level of understanding I think, frustrated still but understanding...... R💞

• Hi Rosie. Sorry to hear you're not feeling feel and that the doctors don't know what's wrong! Good on you for your positive attitude on trying to keep to your goals too.

Hope you feel better soon!!! Xxx

• Thankyou

R💞

• Hi Rosie173, I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well and I hope you won't be too discouraged by that incy wincy little pound. These blips happen all the time but they're so frustrating when you need a bit of good news from the scales to cheer you up. Even though you haven't had much of an appetite, i bet that virus has stopped you from being your usual bouncy self. Take heart and look after yourself this week. As soon as you're back to your usual self I reckon you're weight will start heading in the downwards direction.

It's obvious you mean business or you wouldn't have posted today but it's important that you stay positive while you're still under attack from this bug so you can come out fighting x

• Thank you, I'm trying

R💞

• Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, I hope that things start to improve soon.

Hope things are better for you this week x

• Yeah that is the standard reply if gp's have no diagnosis, not much help is it? Rosie173

I have the same problem as I have a bug and I am struggling to eat anything let alone get into my calorie range.

Hope you feel better soon

Debs

• It doesn't help that it's Moving around, it's all head neck area, no sign of infection but painful all the same 💞

Hope your feeling better soon too x

• Hi Pineapple,

I hope I have the right thread for the Monday weigh in.

Last week 69.4kg this week 68.5kg. Very pleased I continued to lose even on holiday!

best wishes

• You found us, pcrw, well done you! :)

That's a fantastic loss too! :)

You were 69.8kg on the 28th August, which gives you an average loss of 0.65lbs! Well done you! :)

• Well done for finding us; good to meet you. What a fantastic start and I just wanted to say congrats! See you next week x

• Hi pcrw - yes, you've got the right place - this thread has become really long today with all the pom pom waving and sharing of news! I'm not complaining, but had to switching off the notifications on my mobile phone as all the pinging was driving my husband crazy!

Wow, losing whilst on holiday - but I know you've done a lot of walking from posts you've shared.

• Good morning everyone! Today is the start of week 2 ! I started off at 8 st 13.6lbs, today I am 8st. 12.2lbs - so a loss of 1.4lbs. Not a great deal but that's ok because I am only looking to lose half a stone. It does show me however the need to measure food - especially 'ingredients' when I do homemade dinners etc rather than pre packaged. Anyway, onwards and downwards - looking forward to my albran and chopped apricots! Thanks for the support.

• Well done Russet; what a fantastic start and your half a stone target is very achievable. I love the sound of your super-healthy all bran and apricots - mmm might give that a try! x

• Thank you! And I see that you have lost and maintained too! It's a lovely feeling to know that you are winning!!

• Thanks Russet. I've waited most of my life to get to this stage and I'm not going back now. Good luck for next week x

• Well done for your first week :-) I really fancy some all bran now! But I think having apricots as well may be a step too far!

• Only 4 small dried apricots! Seems ok so far!!

• For us shorties / little ones, a 1.4lb loss is MEGGA! Well done! You'll soon be at your goal, but do make sure you stay with us won't you?? :D

• Morning all,

First off, good luck to everyone this week! Hope everything goes well!!

We are now all settled into our new home but I am still trying to get used to all the changes that are happening so my eating habits have slipped!! I need to get back into a routine but there is more changes to come over the coming weeks so it may take a while to get back on track. That said, I weighed myself this morning to a welcome surprise.

Last week - 18st 13

This week - 18st 12

Loss of -1lb

I'm truly shocked I lost anything. My goals for the next few weeks till I get settled are to maintain!!! If I do lose anything then that's just a bonus!!

Good luck for the week ahead everyone and see you all next Monday xxx

• Well done MrsEWM, that's an average loss of 0.5lbs :)

You must be so pleased that you're settled into your new home now and I'm sure that you'll have a nice steady routine soon :)

• What a lovely surprise; what that says is that you've made positive changes to your lifestyle and your weight has adjusted. That's fantastic. It might be a little slow in coming off, but if you carry on doing what you're doing, a bit more weight might come off yet and you can start again after things have settled down in your life. Very well done. See you next week x

• Well done for your loss - if you can do that in a week without routine then imagine what you can do when things settle!

• Hi I'm a newbie - not sure if this is the right place etc do I just type my weight in this reply box? If so my weight this morning is 13st 3lb and as today is my first day healthy eating I haven't any weight loss to record - yet!

xx

• Welcome to our Monday weigh-in, Traceyal, you're in exactly the right place :)

Here's to a terrific first week! :)

• Welcome and good luck for your first week :-)

• Hi Traceyal - if you've decided to make Monday the day you weigh in - this is the place to be! So WELCOME!

We look forward to welcoming you back next week and hearing how your week has gone!

• Thank you! I was thinking is Monday a good idea to weigh if I might be less strict with myself on a weekend? xx

• Thank you Pineapple27 for hosting today' weigh-in, and for the reminder about small changes. One small change of mine: I have started weighing when I first get up, to make sure I get it done, and give myself all day to try to join the weigh-in! I started trying to log this at 5:45 this morning... (the first time I put it in the wrong thread.) This weight loss thing is indeed all about peserverance!

And: I am a fraud! Someone has given me the 21lb badge and I didn't achieve it this week :-( ... so close, yet still not there, as I have only lost .5lb this week - a total lost of 20.5 lb.

I'm going to re-work my BMI and my calorie count because that's all great about the liberation of 'eat more' and how it frees my body up to lose the weight. But I'm guessing my advisable calorie count for continued loss will go down, as my BMI has (hopefully) gone down. I don't want to keep enjoying 1500/day if it's going to sabotage my efforts.

In any case I'm pleased that it's a loss, rather than the other two options. But it would have been nice.

Last week: 173.5 (=12st 5.5)

This week: 173 (=12 st 5)

Loss: .5lb

Total loss so far: 20.5lb (=1 st 6.5)

I'm back to work this morning after working about half-time all summer long, then having two lovely weeks off, and enjoying wearing shorts and running round with the young'uns, so it feels like all the fun has been cut off in one swoop. It's cold, the girls are gone, I have to go to work, so I have to more carefully budget my time for exercise. Wearing warmer clothes makes me feel heavier and frumpier. So I need to get my head together and see this journey includes into the autumn and winter, not just the summer.

Goal for this week: the run that got me into this is this Saturday!

Have a good week everyone.

• Ohhh, two weeks off, that's something nice to look forward to! We are off to Malaga for a few days in fortnights time (very early morning flight!)

Hope work isn't too much of a shock after the summer break / part-time working!

• Hello again traisee! Well done on your loss. It is still going downwards and that is what matters. I often find that when the weight loss slows down for a while I have a bigger loss than usual afterwards. Good luck with your run!

• Sorry about the badge, traisee, I think I saw you say to someone that you'd lost a stone and a half,so I upgraded you. I've changed it back, but I'll make sure it's highly polished for you, for next week :)

Enjoy your run! :)

• Oh I've been trying to say 'nearly' so it must have been a typo. I won't take credit for what I've not earned. Thank you for both giving it to me quickly and for taking away! I enjoyed trying it on :-)

Yes I'll be wanting it soon!

• Hi traisee well done for the 1/2lb off - it sounds like you should reach your 1st 7lb easily next week. Totally agree with the small changes, it all seems such a massive challenge when we start but one step at a time is the way to sustained success. It's quite warm today here in Essex so no jumpers yet although I have got jeans and socks on :-(

Good luck for the run x

• Hi everyone this is my first time posting to a weigh in and my start weight taken this morning is 16st 5lbs. I would like to try and lose 2lb a week and am focusing on calorie counting by using an app to record my daily intake as well as trying to drink more water over the next week.

• Hi and welcome xvanillaskyx and how lovely that you are joining us here on the Monday Movers thread! 2lb a week is a fairly decent weight loss to strive for - likely to be over that for the first week if you make a big effort!

Drinking water is a great plan. It helps to keep you hydrated, gets all the toxins flowing out of your body as well as earning extra activity calories through all the running back and forth to the loo :D

• 14"11 last week , this week 14"11 disappointing stayed the same. Anyway I know where I went wrong and will fix it for next week. Hope you are all having a good week guys 😀👍

• Hello Pineapple27 and thank you for hosting, hello all. Well done to those who have lost and commiserations to those that have not. My mantra is that tomorrow is another day and the past is gone and is not worth worrying about.

So the details are -

Starting weight 16-1, didn't weigh-in last week but maintained at 14-4 from the previous week. Today I am 14-0 so 4lb off in total for the 2 weeks and 2-1 overall.

Over the weekend I was (only just) under 14 so was feeling very pleased with myself but a 1/4lb crept back on this morning. Hopefully it will be gone again tomorrow. So for now I am no longer obese and over 2 stone off and hopefully by next week into the 13's. :-) :-)

Good luck all x

• Well done you your total liss is amazing. I'm sure you will reach your 13s soon. I can't wait to reach the 10s, you will all know about it when I do. Hols now for 2 weeks so hoping not to gain too much.

• hi pinkhairedgirl well done, that is still a really good loss.

I weigh more today than I did yesterday too lol

Debs

• Hi Pineapple 27 well done on hosting monday weigh in.

Weight last week 11st 5lbs

Weight this week 11st 4lbs

Loss of 1lb

Might not be able to weigh in next 2 weeks as on hols. Will see if I can find some scales. Will try to keep focused but might not be easy!!

• Well done for your loss! Have a great holiday!

• Thank you let's hope I have good news after my hols

• Well done :)

Hope you have a lovely holiday

Debs

• Hello Pineapple27, that is a good poster!

This is my first week as a maintainer, so it is very experimental at the moment!

Last week I was 9st 11.2

This week I am 9st 10.8.

Pretty close!

• Welcome Mimirossi - well done for successfully maintaining!

• I didn't lose any lb this week but still lost 2 and a half inches body wise so that is a win for me .. as I have lost 7lb over the past 3 weeks I am good with that ..

• That's great and a good reminder not to just count the figure on the scales as a measure of success.

• I always measure too especially if you exercise. 1 was 36 waist when I started 5 weeks ago and am now 34. Thats with a loss of 6lbs. Your 7lbs loss is great for 3 weeks well done.

• Hi there. I have stayed the same this week and am 11st. Struggling a bit with weekends at the moment so need to plan ahead with meals.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• Hi there Nomoreexcuses - Weekends can be difficult as that when a lot of people are out of their usual routine and have social activities planned.

Planning ahead is a great idea - whatever you total calorie day is, try to cut back a little each weekday which will leave you with additional calories to "spend" over a weekend!

• Thanks Pineapple27. I'll give that a shot. Im on 1350 calories soi find it doesn't take much to take me over for the day. Ironically I was out both days at athletics events and found it hard to find my usual foods where I was. It wasn't really possible to take anything with me this time which is what I try to do. Never mind I had a good time xx

• I'm the same weekends are so hard especially with a hubbie who loves his food. I still have roasts with him but cut down portion size and have extra veg.

• Lol. My husband is the same...slim built and seems to be able to eat as much as he likes without any weight gain...i just need to look at food and the scales tip x

• Hi everyone,

Happy Monday! Thanks for hosting pineapple27 :)

Good news for me this week with a 2lb weight lost, very pleased after no movement last week. Also I've lost 2cms from my waist and hips, the exercise is paying off!

Starting weight: 11.6

Last week's weight: 11.3

Today's weight: 11.1

Hoping to get to my first mini goal of under 11st in the coming weeks then I'll be 1st 4lb from the upper end of my healthy BMI range.

Thanks everyone for the support and have a great week :)

• Well done JaneHoboken

That is a good loss :)

• Yay JaneHoboken ! That's a brilliant loss! Just shows that perseverance pays off!

• So pleased for you JaneHoboken. Best wishes for you this week with your goal. 10 something will be great! 🌸

• Thanks for hosting Pineapple27

Last week I was 17st 11.25lb

This week I am 17st 10.75lb ( although I was 17st 10.25 yesterday lol)

So only lost 0.5lb but at least it's a loss.

It hasn't helped going down with a bug as I haven't had any appetite so have had less the 800 calories a day over the weekend. I did try to eat more but it made me feel sick so gave up.

Hoping it's just a 48hr bug and I will be back to proper meals again tomorrow.

Hoping to lose 2lb this week ;)

• Oh no Debs2510 - that's not good! Hope that you're feeling better soon and well done on the loss!

• I haven't been on here since 14th August. I was on holiday for 2 weeks and I am currently going through the worst time of my life.

I started on 17th July at 17st 13lb

On the 14th August 16st 12lb

Today 15st 5lb

I didn't want you to think I had given up.

• Oh Mandy! I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad that you've come back to us and I hope we'll be able to support you through this horrible time!

I'm amazed that you've been able to lose so much weight and I hope it's not down to stress and under eating!!

You have an average loss of 2.625lbs and a total loss of 2st 7lbs, so I've updated your badge.

Please let us know if there's any way we can help.

• Take care Mandy. I hope your weight loss is a slight comfort at this tough time.

• Hi Everyone,

This is my first weigh in so hope I do it right.

Starting weight 15st 1lb - Weight today 14st 10lb. 5lbs weight loss Woo hoo I'm so pleased with myself. But the hardest thing is keeping it going. Plan to do a few gentle exercises but not sure what ones to do. So if anyone has any ideas or can give a little advice I would be truly grateful.

• If you have laptop try lesley sansone videos on you tube. Easy walking exercises you can do at home. Will start you off gently. She has videos that start from 1 mile. Brilliant loss by the way well done.😄

• Thank you. I will look at that one. Anything to help things along.

• Welcome to our Monday weigh-in Rae :)

Woohoo! 5lbs! What a fantastic loss, you're off to a flying start! :)

Are you able to walk? I find that to be the best starter exercise you can do. The video is great for inclement weather, but you can't beat a bit of fresh air :)

• Hi Moreless. Yes I have no problem in walking and I will be looking at that video that summercool6 mentioned. Thanks for the welcome.

• hi have gone to bi weekly, still sitting at 15.8.6 stones, I have lost weight in legs possibly waist as my jeans are getting quite loose.going on holiday next week so wont be able to weigh in for 3 weeks and will be going to dietician the day we get back. only took 6 months for appointment to come.

• That's good that you are seeing results in your clothes, the scales are not the out way to judge success!

Have a great holiday and good luck with your appointment on your return 😀

• A maintain is always better than a gain, forgottenit and it sounds as if your body is doing a bit of a shoogle :)

Have a lovely holiday and good luck with your trip to the dietician.

• Hi forgottenit - Glad to hear that you are feeling a difference in your clothes.

Have a wonderful holiday! I hope that you have lovely weather!

• Evening all, sorry it's late in the day. Didn't have time to post this morning as still trying to get back into a routine after the 6 weeks off work.

Last week 11lb 11.5lb

Today 11st 11lb

Loss of 1/2lb

I did really well all week, motivated myself to get up early and walk to work (even in the bad weather), I even walked a couple of nights too. My calorie deficit was between 500 and 700 up to Thursday........ then the weekend hit! Although I walked to work Friday I blew it by going out Friday night, I ate too much and drank a little too much which meant I consumed more calories than I used. Saturday was only slightly better because I didn't get out for a walk. Sunday I was back on track, I was hoping for at least 1lb so a little disappointed with myself. 😔

• Better late than never, Ricycle and all losses are good losses :)

• Newbie here - hope I do this right!

Starting weight 21st - long way to go but aiming to lose the first stone by the end of October. Expecting the exercising to be harder than the food but determined to make this work.

• Welcome to our Monday weigh-in needwillpower :)

I'd like to invite you to join our Newbie Club, which we hope will be a good place for you to connect with members, who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice. Here's the link

Wishing you all the best :)

• Phew! I didn't think I was going to make the weigh in today. But it's great news......

Last week I weighed 13st

This morning 12st 13lb

A loss of 1lb but the best thing for me is being in the 12 somethings. My start weight was 14st 4lb & this forum has been brilliant. Everyone is so supportive. Hope you all have a good week.🌸

• Woohoo, Muntjacky, into the 12's!!! WTG you!! My pom poms are going crackers! :)

• Good evening,

Been a yoyo weight wise this summer and this week am 12.4lbs which is a 3lb gain from last week. Short term goal is to get back to under 12 stone.

• You haven't weighed-in for three weeks, Smal and you were 12st 3lbs then, so you have a miniscule average gain of 0.33lbs :)

• You're too nice and support moreless! I suppose this is the point when I need to start recording my weekly weigh ins properly. I have a feeling I've kind of given up. Have made tonight a packed lunch and organised all my meals for tmw. Tomorrow's another day and all😊

• That's what to do smal and turn up here every week, whatever the scales say and log on to the Daily Diary and join the exercise challenges and the Ritu challenge :)

We can keep you occupied all day and every day and keep cheering you on, so that you never want to drift off :)

• Last week weight 236.7 this weeks weight 241pounds a gain of 4.3 pounds. Will take encouragement or tips welcomed!!!!!!

• Thank you Pineapple27 for hosting today's weigh in and being a brilliant host supporting everyone. :)

This weigh in is now closed.

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...