Weight Loss NHS
77,365 members41,364 posts

Went to the movies and bombed!!

So don't take your ten year old to see Annabelle the Creation. It's a little too much. She kept her head buried in daddy.

I was gonna be good and just get a drink but then I had lots of buttered popcorn and then had a hot dog. It just wouldn't be the same without it. It sucks and I'm sure I will retain alot of water. I will get back on track as soon as I can and hope for the best.

16 Replies
oldestnewest

In the grand scheme, your evening of slight excess could have been far worse.

So long as buttered popcorn and hot dogs aren't a nightly occurrence (which I'm sure they're not), provided a calorie deficit has been maintained for the majority of the week and that exercise has been undertaken throughout, you'll hopefully find that the figure presented upon the scales isn't as scary as your daughter found the film.

8 likes

Good. Thank you.

1 like

Good luck 😊

1 like

It just wouldn't be the same without it.

You can't watch a movie without eating something?

1 like

Why is it ? I can watch a film on tv every night and no problem. go to the cinema . Sweets ,popcorn, drink ,but no hot dogs

2 likes

Maybe it supposed to be part of the cinema experience.

I know some men who can't watch football on the telly with having a beer or two.

1 like

Regarding Melhall taking her ten year old to the cinema to see Annabelle the Creation I am more than surprised she took her to see a film like this it's been advertised as a scary film plus I am surprised that the child would be allowed in its billed as a 15 in our area and never mind the girl I am 65 and was scared to death.

2 likes

Hi tortoise123 maybe they have a different rating system in the USA where Melhall lives, her daughter was with both parents and had a safe place to hide 😂😂😂

I'm not familiar with the film, but not a fan of scary.. But many enjoy them.. or there wouldn't be so many made! We are all different.

5 likes

Thank you for your reply. She did OK but it was not my best decision.

She loves scary movies and her dad has let her watch many in the past so it's kind of a losing battle. First one I ever took her to. Won't do that again.

One off and move on... maybe next cinema trip take your own healthier choices with you? Enjoy with no regrets!

5 likes

It was a one off Melhall, you will be fine. I know you will get back to healthy eating with ease :)

2 likes

Am I right that it's the association you have with eating at the occasion, and your concern about what you ate?

If that is right, try changing one thing at a time, like buttering your own pop-corn so that you know what goes into it for example. Popcorn is a moderate Gi carb, and adding butter will lower the insulin response; you do have to watch the quantity.

Hot dog meat is processed of course, so having real (fat included) meat and a low Gi alternative to the roll would be better.

Good luck!

2 likes

It was a one of Mel you will get back on track i know you will. There is no way i would have been able to go to the cinema, and not had any popcorn. We all deserve a treat in a while. Just draw a line under this and start again. You can do this!!!!

4 likes

Hey Melhall, it was merely a blip get back on the wagon and keep going. You had one night off and that isn't going to harm you. Good luck this week. x

2 likes

Thank you.

You may also like...