Weight Loss NHS
78,466 members41,961 posts

I'm back!

I'm back!

Got back last Wednesday from a 2 week holiday in Botswana (Safari). It was AMAZING! We stayed in some wonderful locations (Victoria Falls, Okavango Delta, Chobe and Kalahari).

Lots of jeep trips (3-6 hours), plenty of eating (four meals a day - high tea obligatory as were sundowners!) BUT I only gained 2lbs!

I didn't think I did much exercise, but there was a lot of travel (2 x 11 hour flights, 2 x 2 hour flights and 8 light aircraft flights of 45 mins to an hour, 1 helicopter flight)

I also brought back a horrid cough, but it seems to be going now.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome back Pineapple27

Sounds like you have had a amazing holiday with a lot of travelling. How brilliant to be away for 2 weeks and only gain 2lbs that's great going.

2 likes

It's usual that I would put on about 8 - 14lb in two weeks, so I was absolutely astonished!

2 likes

You have done brilliant!

What a fantastic adventure Pineapple27 😊 I know it was a big inspiration for your weight loss and I'm so glad you had such a good time 😊😊😊

2 likes

Gosh, that sounds amazing Pineapple27 . What wonderful memories you will have.

2 likes

That sounds amazing . I'm hoping to go on safari next year do you have any recommendations?

2 likes

Take much less than you think you'll need to wear.... evenings are casual and you'll be going to bed quite early (we were up most days at 5.30/6am!). I took neutrally coloured clothes and lots of pretty scarves to brighten it up for the evening. Depending on the time of year, you may need plenty of warm clothes (hats, gloves, scarves) for early morning starts.

Take lots of spare batteries for your camera and keep them charged up at all times (you never know what you might see).

1 like

Thanks 😀

1 like

Fabulous photographs Pineapple27 and well done for such a tiny gain.

What an amazing experience. That sunset is fabulous.

1 like

Hey Pineapple27 so glad you had a brilliant holiday, lovely pictures - thanks for sharing.

Only 2lbs - bloody marvellous I'd say !!

X

1 like

Awesome holiday... Thank you for sharing some photos..

Good to have you back.

You may also like...