Weight Loss NHS
73,627 members39,402 posts

Salads and a 2 and a half kilo hula hoop!

Salads and a 2 and a half kilo hula hoop!

This weekend was our towns food festival, which myself, my partner and his two girls always look forward too. It a a chance for me to eat Gluten Free food I have never had before, which is always exciting. This year I treated myself to one of those fancy desserts that have fruit and flowers on top! 😃

Generally though, I ate ok, seeing as it was his eldests 12th birthday.

This week I'll make up for the extra calories with summer salads now the weather is better, and a 5k walk everyday with the dog.

I have also brought a 2.5kg hulahoop, which really leaves a bruise! But you can definitely feel it working.

Well, I just thought I'd 'check in' ;)

The lunch is raw grated carrot,parsnip, courgette and onion, with baby spinach and a little bit of leftover chickpea curry. Oh, and the wraps are homemade thin pancake style ones. Gf flour, water and eggs!

Hope to have another loss this week!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks delicious wish I could hula hoop but no matter how hard I try I can't do it any tips much appreciated.

A weighted one is much easier - and finding which way is easier for you, I cannot hulahoop left/ anti clockwise for example 😂 I think standing with you feet wider apart is easier when you begin!

I'm sure there are lots of helpful videos on YouTube! Just keep at it! :)

I had a ordinary hollow one so maybe I should get a weighted one and try that never thought about you tube even though I use it for other stuff. Happy hoola hooping👍

1 like

I can't hulahoop with an ordinary one either! I think they are smaller in circumference, too - so definitely give it a go!

Thankyou, I think if I could actually do it I would enjoy that type of activity so you have encouraged me and I will be off to get one after answering on here as I need to up the exercise now. Will let you know how it pans out. I feel so positive now something to look forward to trying. Thank you for the idea👍😊

1 like

My pleasure! I love it, I feel like a big kid! Hope you hulahooping bug, too!

1 like