Target Weight Achieved!

Hooray! Finally reached my target weight of 83kg after starting my diet on 28 November 2016, when I weighed 102kg. Í was 82.2kg this morning (Monday is my 'official' weigh-in day). I now have to become a 'maintainer', and this looks like the biggest challenge of all. I weigh myself daily and will try to keep my weight in the range 80-83kg. I really like running so I do not need lots of will power to do exercise. And I will give myself running targets. I did 10km in 46m21s in March. I do the 20km in Brussels this Sunday and hope to do 1h40m. Only problem is that it will be HOT (30C in Brussels that day, fortunately the race starts at 10am). Tempted by the idea of a local Marathon in mid-June, if the 20km goes OK. And I've decided that I would love to do a London marathon in 2020. If I run 3h45m in a local marathon early next year I will automatically qualify as Good for Age, because I will be 60 (yikes!) in 2020.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Woohoo, Chris! WTG you!! That's a fantastic achievement and my pom poms are going crackers for you!!! :)

I hope we'll see you in the Maintainer's Club update on Sunday :)

Good luck with all your plans for running, we'll look out for you on the telly! :) It sounds as if a marathon will be easy peasy for you and 3hrs 45mins would be an amazing time!!! I ran my own marathon last weekend and it took me 4 hours longer than that! I shall be 60 tomorrow! :D

• Thank you! And a HUGE congratulations to you for your marathon! Well done!!! And yes, Maintainers club sounds good. Maybe not this Sunday though as I will be in Brussels that weekend and run at 10am. Marathon won't be easy-peasy though. I already did three of them, but a LONG time ago. Always hard! And I'll never forget hitting the wall during my first one. Horrible. But here in Holland, at least, all routes are nice and flat :)

• Thank you :)

The Maintainer's Club only 'meets' monthly and the thread sits in Pinned Posts for a month, so feel free to join it at any time you like :)

I can't imagine ever running another marathon, I feel that once was more than enough! :D Maybe if I could find a way for my feet not to get mangled, I'd contemplate it again! :)

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly with your marathons and good luck on Sunday!! I couldn't contemplate running in those temperatures and get hot enough in Scotland at 4 am, never mind mid morning in Brussels!! :o

Happy running, you should also join our Tortoise and Hare Club! :)

• Congratulations! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸ‘πŸ‘

• Well done!!!

• That's brilliant news

Congratulations and good luck with the marathon :)

Debs

• Well done and welcome to the maintainers club ! 😁 Hope the marathon goes well .

• congrats chris1959 on achieving your target

• Fabulous πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ well done chris1959

• Congratulations, chris1959, what great achievements, both weight loss and running. Very best wishes for the next stage of your journey. πŸ…πŸ…

• Well done Chris and best of luck for the Brussels trip.

• That's amazing

Well done you.....

That's a fantastic achievement

• Did my Brussels 20km in 1h37m! I'm happy with this because it was HOT. But less hot than they had been predicting the day before, when the weather forecast was truly looking apocalyptic. A lot of runners did not start because of the heat, which is understandable. But water was available every 3km and there were long sections with trees providing shade, so I was not too uncomfortable. Weight this morning below 83kg so my early maintenance phase is still OK :)

You may also like...