Anybody doing Counterweight diet?

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 18 months ago and following lumpectomy,chemotherapy and double mastectomy I am on road to recovery. The cancer served as a wake up call to sort myself out as I am morbidly obese and so I self referred to dietitian. After 9 months of losing just a couple of kg and then plateauing andwith endocrinologist saying my thyroid shouldn't be stopping the weight loss (though thyroid is all over the place) it is now time for drastic action. I have been referred and accepted onto the counterweight trial, 800 calories per day shakes and soup only for next 12 weeks! Plan is:-

Week1-12 - 800 cal shakes p/day with fortnightly dietitian support

12-24 - reintroduce food slowly back into diet, dietitian support 3 weekly

24-52 - maintenance program

Starts this morning!!!

Summer fruit shake for breakfast...

Veg soup for lunch

Banana milkshake mid afternoon

Soup for tea

Fruit tea/diet drinks throughout day - drink 2.25 litres of fluid everyday.

Any help/support/advice welcome

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi, sorry to hear you have had a difficult time. Well done for making a decision to lose weight. It will be hard and the low calorie choice you have made will be difficult I am sure. I wish you lots of luck. Please share your highs and lows on here. People are very supportive. Losing weight will make you feel so much better, even just a stone will really help. πŸ€žπŸ’

• Hello Lavendergirl and welcome to the weight loss forum 😊 You have had a horrid time if it. But very well done on seeing the positive and taking the first step on your weight loss journey.

The first place to look is at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread first and move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you 😊

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news 😊

Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate 😊

The forum also have group weigh-ins every day if you wish to take part. The posts can always be found in the Events section on the 'home' page. 😊

You'll notice a grey box next to people's names, these are achievement badges, and as a new member you may have a 'Newbie' badge. If you have any questions or would like a Newbie badge please just ask 😊

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too 😊

Best wishes

Anna

• Good to hear you are on the road to recovery. Take it day by day come on here for any advice or support and good luck with your weight loss.

• Well done for joining us Lavendergirl you will get amazing support from everybody on the forum. People are so helpful and share knowledge willingly.

I know nothing about the diet you are on, it does sound drastic but only you han decide if it is right for you.

Good luck, come on here regularly and get involved with the conversations.

• I've vaguely heard of Counterweight, but thank you for explaining it all, and you are doing this with a dietician so this is obviously the best decision for you at this time

Sounds as if you have had a tough time Lavendergirl and while we are all doing this in different ways, we are all here for each other, and will support you as we do everyone else. Chat to us all - we love hearing from everyone, and I have found this the best way to get ideas and advice from people. This more you join in, the better it is.

You don't mention whether you are allowed to do any sort of exercise at all, but if you can, there are Challenges you can join in - we are not competitive, just encourage each other to move a little more each week.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

• Hi MissisB

Thank you for contacting its good to hear from you. Day 3 of diet and sitting here with rumbling tummy whilst waiting for my vanilla milkshake mousse to set... 15 mins to go 😊

I started swimming last May and go 4 times per week, I set myself the Swimathon 2017 challenge and 3 weeks ago swam 2.5K and raised Β£1000 for Marie Curie

Back in for surgery tomorrow (mastectomy scar line revision- redo and take out some more tissue...be stapled up this time tomorrow 😬)

Well mousse should be set so shooting off...

Speak soon x

• Wow. You really are doing well with your swimming Lavendergirl What an amazing achiever you are.

With so few calories, I would be drinking as much as you possibly can as a filler. Hope what you can eat is tasty. And every day brings you nearer to your goals.

All the very best for your surgery tomorrow.

You may also like...