Secret pancake weapon

Secret pancake weapon

I am unleashing my secret Pancake Day weapon.

Spicy lentil and carrot soup. I am having some for lunch now, and I plan to have lunch part 2 (same again!) at 3pm, just before I pick the kids up from school. Needless to say from home-time till bedtime there will be an endless stream of pancakes, and I am going to have 2. The secret weapon will hopefully mean that I only have 2 - I wont be hungry at all, and there's back up soup in the fridge.

In case anyone else needs a secret weapon, this is the recipe:

Saucepan 1 - 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 75g celery, 300g carrots, 25g green thai curry paste, 1tsp ground cumin, 1tsp ground coriander, salt, pepper, water (didnt measure that, 2 or 3 pints) - Boil it all up till the carrots are cooked.

Meanwhile in Saucepan 2 - 150g red lentils, 1 veg stock cube, water (keep topped up) - Boil till lentils are cooked.

Back to saucepan 1 - Whizz up with a blender. Drain the lentils from pan 2 and add them. Stir in 100g sweetcorn , 10g spring onions. Warm through.

Dollop 50g yoghurt on top (this is Alpro coconut yoghurt), lime zest and pepper. Makes 4 portions at 238 calories per portion

I'm pleased with how tasty this is, and a nice big bowlful too.

Bring it on pancake day, I'm ready!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That looks and sounds delicious, JC, thanks for sharing :)

No pancakes for me today, I have no off switch, but I hope you'll be content with 2 :)

Enjoy! :)

• So do I!

• You can't beat home made lentil and carrot soup!

• Super recipe JiminyCricket and that's something else on your lunch menu.

• OOOHH JiminyCricket thats looks scrumptidilyhumptious I am going to make that to keep in the freezer.

• JC, I've just realised that you're not putting your delicious recipes into the Recipes/Meals/Snacks Topic, which means that we won't be able to find them easily. Will you edit your threads! for us please? :)

• Did I do that right?

Sorry! Haven't posted a recipe before!!

• Perfect! Thank you! :)

• Delish!!!

• This recipe looks really good - thank you! I bet it was tasty. :-)

• Looks fantastic JiminyCricket and how sensible to plan ahead for those times when we know we may be tempted to eat unhealthy pancakes, sorry pancake lovers !!!

I can't stop at one either moreless :)

You may also like...