NEW CHALLENGE TO OVERCOME!

NEW CHALLENGE TO OVERCOME!

Good morning everyone,

Well as the title says new challenge to overcome!

My partner walked in from work all smiles and said hi my sweet I've got "you" a big tub of celebrations for you to thread cotton through and hang on the Christmas tree : ) oh and I got you some chocolate snowballs as I'm sure you will like those.

CHEERS TA!!! was my straight lipped reply (I know grumpy me)

He was giggling his head off! I said as if it's not going to be bad enough knowing they are dangling themselves in front of me on the tree but you want me to handle each and everyone of them too! (Not saying the word I called him 😊)

So any ideas would be greatfully received on how to resist the great temptations πŸ˜‡

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Simples.

Your dogs might pull them off the tree, and eat them, and you don't fancy the associated vet's bill from the subsequent poisoning.

Now put the lid back on them!

• Tell your partner he's not funny and you would appreciate a little more support and consideration, put the lid back on and either get them out just for guests or give them away!

• Thank you all for the replies.

The lid is back on and non on the tree yet or in my mouth. I think I will just get them out for guests. It's hard enough knowing they are in the house.

As I used to be a little/large nibbler! I would rather nibble and graze throughout the day rather than planned mealtimes. So it's all a big learning curve for me at the moment with not nibbling and upped exercise, my body is still crying but I'm doing my best to retrain it

: )

• Sugar, Milk Solids, Glucose Syrup (Sources Include Wheat), Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Peanuts, Desiccated Coconut, Vegetable Fat, Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin, 471), Barley Malt Extract, Water, Cocoa Powder, Salt, Humectant (Glycerol), Egg White, Flour (Sources include Wheat), Natural Flavour (Vanilla Extract), Milk Proteins, Wheat Gluten, Raising Agents (500, 501) these are the ingredients in Celebrations - it might help put the lid back on them :)

• Mmm... Humectant... my favourite :)

• I am sorry that this has happened it is really hard to resist the temptation of sweets in the house. I think you should throw them away. It sounds naughty even just typing it but if they are your present you can do what you want with it. Throw them away! Message loud and clear πŸ˜€

• Thread the needle for Mr Sheepdog. Bet he soon gets fed up. πŸ˜‹

• That made me giggle : )

• Excellent idea!!! Make him blooming thread them!! Lol 😊

Either hide them away (out of sight out of mind REALLY works ) or give to food bank?

Or think what you could eat instead, 4 or 5 celebrations is about 200 calories, 😊

Good luck

• oh no thats not fair and to see them hanging on the tree tempting you would be a real test you... put the lid back on and just get them out for guests..

• Give them away (or stick in the bin!!) asap.... they are a total waste of calorie rations for a few seconds of a sugary hit!

• Perhaps your response should have been to render him unconscious with the tin. just an idea!!!!!!!😜

• Way to go Wa! !!!! :-) :-) :-)

• You have made my day!! Mum moving in today andwoke up feeling stressed - then read your reply and started laughing(sorry to those of sensitive natures. .....) Best therapy ever!! Thank you so much :-) :-) :-)

• Glad I was able to help, albeit unintentionally. Funnily enough I had just been thinking about messaging you to wish you well for today. I hope all goes smoothly and your mum is nicely settled in time for you to enjoy a relaxing Christmas. My son is here at the moment though unfortunately he had to change his flight home to a day earlier because of the impending airport strike on the 23rdπŸ˜₯ Nevertheless I'll enjoy every minute he's here. Merry ChristmasπŸ’πŸŽ„πŸ’•

• Aww- thank you Wa! Really hectic today so just sat down for first time. Mum in her sitting room (probably napping!) She is delighted with what I've done for her (she hadn't seen it before) and I am so relieved! Only problem is that her telly isn't working but that's probably my aerial. Trying one last thing tonight then giving up. I think she'll be off to bed early anyway but she may come through to watch Strictly. I Def will be in bed straight after! Have a lovely Christmas with your son and the rest of your family. Am disappointed for you that he has to leave early because of strike action. Take care and Merry Christmas! (Tree star tinsel etc etc - no thingies on my phone!!!!:-) :-) :-)

• Glad all went well. Clearly your mum appreciates the efforts you've made for her arrival. Hope you can get the tv problem sorted soon. I didn't get the result I wanted on Strictly but hey ho, that's life! Hope your mum had her favourite win.

• Absolutely πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Definitely go with Wa2un7's suggestion. ..... made me laugh out loud on a morning that I was feeling very stressed about. ..... :-) :-) :-)

• Bin them.

You may also like...