Non food rewards

I've had a few days enjoying the fact that the weight loss is starting to show, I needed some new walking trousers and on trying the size I thought was be fine the assistant suggested they were too big and directed me to another size down. The logical side of me knows this brand is a generous cut but I still felt v pleased! This prompted me to a treat of new smaller pjs, at last satisfaction that lasts longer than a chocolate bar!!!

I've then been having a clear out of clothes I have no intention of growing back into.....

My weight loss has been slow and steady but with the support of this forum I am really believing that I will get to my goal- into the 10 stones, 3 stone to go-and 2017 will be the year I get there. Onwards and downwards for us all.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Last week I walked past a full length mirror in a shop and thought, ooh she looks nice in that; I truly didn't recognise myself! It was a very surreal experience and I can only think that it must take a while for us to adjust to a new mental image of ourselves when we lose weight. It's such a lovely surprise to go down a dress size or two without us even noticing it! I hope you enjoy your walking and lounging around in your new smaller pjs. Slow and steady does the trick and the 10s aren't as far away as you think x

• Thanks a lot.

• Well done you 😊 It's so rewarding isn't it? 😊 Enjoy many happy walks in your new trousers πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘žπŸ˜ŠπŸ

• Yes, trousers are a real milestone aren't they. Last evening I met a friend for a drink (lemonade - we were driving) and she said I was looking trimmer. All down to my new trousers in a smaller size. Yahooo! Thing is - I feel reluctant to part with the larger ones just yet as Christmas is looming...

• Would keeping the bigger size be giving you permission to get back into them??

Glad your efforts are being noticed, a good feeling. 😊😊

• I think you are right. I shall certainly be trying to not undo my efforts, but oh dear the road to Christmas is paved with tempting traps. Having said that, I have twice had cake recently (social events) and did not really enjoy them, lost the taste for gooey stuff. So maybe it will be OK. If I send the bigger trousers to the charity shop straight after Christmas I shall feel so good about it.

• Thanks, it is.

However the mind plays tricks and just as I'm enjoying the benefits of losing weight I'm having a struggle to stop snacking!! I haven't given in and hoping that the struggles get less frequent ........

You may also like...