Hi all, I am all shiny new to the site and to sensible weight loss/exercise too. I must say that you all seem like a friendly and supportive bunch from what I have bee reading. ☺

I started on the food side of things a week ago, 1400 calories a day and need to loose around 2 stone in total. I have ibs and have been feeling pretty bloated so don't feel as though I have lost any weight yet. I have a dislike for scales and would prefer to feel my results rather than worry about what I weigh, but also realise that this is not really feasible... I will pluck up the courage to step on those scales soon so that I can measure my journey and reward myself for reaching targets.

Having completed my firstc25k today I am feeling pretty pleased with myself, I must say. I am doing the stretch and flex tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

7 Replies

• Hi Karen, and Welcome!

Have you taken your measurements yet? I only did my waist, but many people have measured all sorts of useful body parts as sometime you'll see a change there when the scales don't move!

After all, muscle weighs more than fat. :)

Good luck!

• Good tip! There are lots of ways of measuring 'slimness' apart from weight 😊

• Thanks both. Great idea to measure shrinkage in this way. Thanks. I will certainly do this tomorrow. ☺

• It's one I got from this forum, as it wouldn't have occurred to me before! :)

• Hello karenc7 😊 Welcome to the Weight Loss NHS forum.

A good place to start is the Pinned Posts section, to the right of your screen (bottom, if you're using a mobile) and have a look at the Welcome Newbies thread. 😊

Look at the Topics section beneath that, for posts that could answer any questions you may have. Consider joining any, or all, of our challenges, as they're fun and motivating. 😊

Join us for the Monday Group weigh-in. If you follow Lowcal and Moreless (our very approachable site Admins), you'll be notified when they post the threads. The latest weigh-in thread can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page. 😊

Be active on the forum, as that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration.😊

Wishing you good luck success with your goals.😊

• Helpful stuff, thank you.

• Congrats! You have taken an important first step. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on. VickyDLM is right, inches is a good way to see what's going on, the pounds will surely follow

You may also like...