One Stone Down and One and a Half To Go!!

One Stone Down and One and a Half To Go!!

I weighed in today at 13 st 12 lbs. I started twenty four days ago at 14 st 13 lbs. I am eating sensibly and did start jogging and cycling. I have hurt my back and knee though and ignoring it just makes it worse. Gutted as it was the exercise that was taking it off. Oh and no booze. I more energy I am sleeping better and beginning to fit into clothes I have not worn for a while.I am determined to carry on now, I want to be able to run again. It's three weeks to my hols where I hope I can swim in the pool and sea. I would love to lose seven more pounds before I go Good luck everyone. It feels good to be taking control. I do so want to sustain it. Wish me luck

15 Replies

• Wow Jeff, that's brilliant! Well done you :)

I would urge you to take care of your back and knee though, as risking serious, or permanent injury isn't worth a few pounds!

It's fantastic that you're already reaping the rewards of carrying less weight and a great incentive :)

Good luck with losing another 7lbs before your holiday :)

• That's excellent progress! Jogging is high impact on the back and knees, I have problems with both so walk/ power walk instead, perhaps when your injuries are better you could do that? Good luck!

• Thanks Caz I am going to try cycling tomorrow and hope that won't irritate it too much. I will be able to drink on holiday which will be better. I hope you are making good progress too🍎

• If you haven't had alcohol for a month take it steady!

• Thanks Caz I am ok with it. I think I just got into a routine often I was drinking beer and wine because I was thirsty. Good luck with your efforts too how are you doing?

• Well done Jeff good luck :)

• Thank you the amount of support it is so encouraging good luck with your healthy living journey too

• Thanks E for you support and to you too !!

• Good stuff, very well done...!

• good on you Jeff keep it up

I am just starting I have 10 stone to move but people like you give me a goal

• Thank you I just try and look at getting through one day. I drink strong flavoured teas without milk if I am hungry I am 62my knees are shot so the running doesn't work perhaps when I am lighter it will. It's the booze with me one day to go and I have not touched wine or beer for a month.

It's going away on hols in two weeks and being less for that, that is keeping me going now.

I do feel better though I was just tired all the time. It's not just body shape any more it's feeling I am taking control of my long term health. I have put it off for three years and I was just getting bigger and bigger! Good luck mate don't think of the big picture yet and know it's a gradual long term plan. Of course the bigger you are the more calories it requires to maintain your size. I am sure a lot of it is reducing what you are putting in. I wish you every success.

• That's a great weight loss JeffDavies123 😊 But you do need to be careful of those knees 😕 I would stick to walking fast and cycling, at least until after your holidays, you don't want to spoil it being sore 😕 And take it from me, not drinking now means you will be a very cheap date on your hols, I get drunk on half a lager!! Lol 😂 Well done 😊

• Thanks for that yes definitely determined not to drink for a while. I think I just developed a bad habit . I would have a beer or wine just because I was thirsty I was daft. We have saved a fortune! No wasted days feeling lethargic after a boozy night Day at a time though but I must admit I have not really missed it. Once again thank you for the encouragement.

• Well done man, that's amazing. I'm weighing in around 14.7 and would love to be at your weight, very envious. You must have great willpower. Keep up the good work!

• Small steps I think no alcohol made a big difference. Thanks for your encouragement and support. Just focus on losing two pounds and go s bit at a time, a day st a time. It's easier for me if I am busy and occupied. Good luck with your journey to health. Think about what you are doing for you. Think positive the benefits far outweigh feeling hungry. I now think feeling hungry is a good sign. There is a little man shovelling little bits of fat out of my body and throwing it in the furnace to keep me going.

You may also like...