Week 8 on the plan - lost 20lbs !

Today is the end of week eight for me on the 12 week plan and I have lost 20lbs. My daily average calories have worked out at around 1600 and with moderate exercise. I am now weighing in at 16stones 6lbs and hope this carries over to my Monday morning weigh in :-) . I am really pleased with this result and hope it continues.

The hud sent me this link

calculator.net/calorie-...

and it is pretty much accurate as far as I am concerned, recommending a calorie intake of 1753 a day to lose 2lbs a week.

Hope everyone has a good day - John

Last edited by

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's a great result after 8 weeks. Well done

• Congrats on such a great weight loss John !!! I find counting calories to be very useful for me too and use myfitnesspal.com/ .

It has a handy diary for food and exercise with a great database.

I know this amount of detail is not for everyone but it suits me and helps me keep on track.

I have lost 8lb and are on week 8 but still have a long way to go

Have a terrific day !

• Hi John,

This is really great! Congratulations! Losing 20 pounds in total, and being in the lower 16's, really good progress. I hope it carries over to the Monday group weigh-in too - losing 2 pounds a week is fantastic!

Hope you have a great day and enjoy the remainder of the week and weekend.

Lowcal :-)

• Hi John, well done! I'm glad you are sounding more positive as you were a bit down after last weekend! It seems that you've sorted your calorie intake out and its thankfully working again for you! I looked at the link posted by the hud the other day and it suggests I eat quite a few calories lower for me to lose weight than the nhs calculator did! I haven't changed my calories yet tho as I'm afraid I'll get too hungry and it could scupper all my hard work! :( I immediately thought " oh no, I've been eating too much all along " so I'm in a bit of a quandary!

Anyway really well done to you John, keep up the good work, and thanks for all the good advice you give, it's most appreciated! :)

• I too checked the huds suggestion out and squeaked! I should be on 200 less according to that site........ Conclusion; if we're losing weight, were on the right lines...... ! And I'm not going to lower them..…………… not yet anyway !

• Three hundred plus for me! I thought OMG wot do I do now! But I'm losing...... not a massive amount, but I don't want to ruin everything by being really hungry!

• yes a good phylosophy Trierisme, maybe just coincidence as far as my situation is concerned. If something is working don't try and fix it eh? :-) John

• Its all about what works for you and you can trim substantial calories from very small things and add more veg to fill up on ;) But this journey is about being happy while you travel and for some of us its 2-3lb lose a week, because we have alot of fat to lose and for others its a slower process that works just aswell :)

Be happy

Smile:)

Daft Dance

Eat Jelly

:)

PS not my link originally, I stole it permanently ;)

• Hi John

Fantastic work! :) you've worked really hard and it's definitely paid off so well done and continue with the hard work! You deserve to feel proud so good on ya! :D

• Whoop whoop 😊 Go you!! Very well done 😊

• Fab result so far - well done :)

• Fantastic results John,

you've worked hard and so pleased you are reaping the rewards😃

😇

• Hi kantara71. Losing 20lbs in 12 weeks is amazing! Well done you. I have checked on the calorie counter and it says I should have about 1400 for 1lb loss or 950 for 2lb loss. I usually aim for about 1200 a day so I guess I am hoping for 1.5 lb each week. Fingers crossed for the scales for Monday. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you too.

• Woohoo John, you're doing fantastically well! WTG you! :)

• Now that's what I call an incentive to continue!! Well done you :-)

You may also like...