Couch 2 5K

So a friend of mine recommended the Couch to 5K app. Like me she too was trying to lose weight and exercise more. I have always been shockingly poor at running even when i was young so i wasn't expecting much. But the app is free so i figured what do i have too lose. the idea is that each workout is a mixture of running and then walking and by the end you can run a full 5K. Well i was pleasantly surprised, I'm not going to lie it wasn't easy and i did have to stop running before it told me to a few times but i managed to make it through the whole workout and afterwards it felt pretty damn good! This is a fantastic way to introduce running to your exercise regime and i would highly recommend it to anyone who wanted to add more exercise to their lifestyle.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I did the c25k plan a couple of years ago, was running regularly and then took a break. I just restarted the plan and start week 7 on Wednesday, its a fantastic plan. theres a forum on here if you want to check it out, full of people doing the plan or completed the plan, its full of encouragement. I highly recommend having a look if you haven't already.

Well done on making a start and good luck, it won't be long until you can complete week one without stopping before the minute running intervals are up :)

• This is how it all starts :) I did couch to 5k a year ago and still run fairly regularly, and I love it. Have you found the podcasts yet, with the music and Laura's encouraging voice? They're even better than the app :)

• no i haven't seen those where can i find that? sorry for sounding dumb its all new to me :)

• Thanks Windswept1!! Team effort there :)

• Not dumb at all - I didn't spot the podcasts for ages too :)

• Thanks 😊

You may also like...