Solution found

Hi all, having spent many years feeling hungry, and eating big meals, I seem to have found an eating plan that fits easily into every day life,and works well so far. It's the Michael Moseley 5:2 eating plan. I'm amazed that. I don't feel hungry like I used to, and am eating more slowly without consciously trying to.

I've lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks, so long may it carry on working. 3 of my siblings who weren't over weight have all got diabetes, and a fourth is borderline, so I'm actively trying to avoid being the 5th

Good luck to all those of you working on your own plans.

8 Replies

• Hi Lazybbones,

Glad you're enjoying your eating plan, and Congratulations on losing 12 pounds in 4 weeks, that is great progress!

Wishing you another great week ahead.

Lowcal :-)

• It's actually quite interesting, but a colleague of mine told me someone he knew reversed his diabetes (type 2 obv) using a derivative of 5:2 diet, so I should hope it helps you to ward it off too!

• Great you have found a plan that suits you 😊 Good luck

• Congratulations on your excellent result!!

Having tried just about every other diet I am intrigued by this. Had a look on the website following your message and I can eat around 2000 cals on 5 days and 500 on the 2 days. I am seriously thinking about giving this a go.

What can u eat on the 2 days? Does it make u feel ill? Is it manageable? I can well imagine I need to take my bed through hunger!!!

I like the idea of swift results as have a wedding coming up and been messing about for months losing and gaining. My mum did the eat fat get thin for 2 weeks and lost 8lb but not.sure if this is for me to be honest.

Any advice u can give greatly appreciated. Do u use my fitness pal or similar to track your calorie intake?

• Hi Mummybrummy,

I noticed you asked about the 5:2 diet. I would also recommend looking at Gingernut49's profile as she had a lot of success with this approach, and she has detailed her progress plus given some links in her profile to resources she found helpful.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal will take a look....I can always rely on this fab forum for advice and help xx

• There are a lot of recipe books out there to help with fast day recipes. From what I've seen, it's simply a case of eating a lean piece of meat (mainly fish) with lots of veg at each meal. Some ideas would be to have half a tin of tuna with lots of lettuce and balsamic vinegar or lemon juice as a dressing, a bowl of homemade veg soup, steamed veggies (it basically ends up a low carb day to be honest).

• Hi.

Drink more water on the two days honestly it does fill you up & helps to adjust ,good luck

You may also like...