Weight Loss NHS
80,726 members β€’ 43,070 posts

Around the world in 80 days - please post kms/steps/miles for Saturday 23 January (Part 1)

Around the world in 80 days - please post kms/steps/miles for Saturday 23 January (Part 1)

Dear Travellers

We are on Day 29 of our voyage around the world. Alas we had to say farewell to Ricky 😒😍

Today we are going on a dragon boat as we make our way to Thailand. Then tomorrow we are going to Malaysia. A hectic couple of days travelling but you will reap the rewards. Similar to you kicking the kms when you'd rather relax on the sofa! You have all done great this week and I know you will do even better next week.

Happy Travels everyone πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

149 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Wise move Lizzy, that Mr Martin was causing quite some unrest amongst the ladies... and the bar staff...

8 likes

So true asics! Maybe we can get Lucca to behave herself now! :D :D

3 likes

No way :-( As a protest about the sudden nature of Ricky's departure, I refuse to post my Saturday kms on this thread. I shall be using the previous Friday Part II thread, as it is much more aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I may use that thread for the rest of the 80 days :-D

8 likes

So sad.................................

1 like

:-D

1 like

Oooh, I'm getting so excited now. I've actually seen a dragon boat race and it was fantastic! :) I lived in Johor Bahru for a while too :)

6 likes

Lived in Singapore for a while as a kid. Loved the climate. Felt as if we went swimming every day. School was shorter too, as it was so hot. Do we have to row the dragon boat ourselves? Would be good exercise, but my boat at least might be a bit slowπŸ‹πŸ»

4 likes

What a coincidence JC, so did I! 1966 - 1968, a million years ago! :) I think we did go swimming every day :)

We were there at the same time thenπŸ‘ I was there 1967 - 1968 (only 18 months). Changhi by any chance? My father was based there with the RAF. I really loved the lifestyle, but it was rather colonial. Didn't realise at the time though.

1 like

No, we lived in Sembawang. My dad was in the Navy. It was very colonial, but no, I didn't realise it either :)

1 like

Small world, I was serving with The Royal Marines and was in Johor Bahru for round two years, part of that time was spent in Borneo, I bet you didn't swim in sweet water canal that used to run in the center of JB, I think it was about 67 that we moved from Burma camp to Singapore, as you say it was a couple of years ago.

Back to today and Sunday miles 13.96 hope I didn't miss the boat for reporting.

1 like

Oh my word, it is a small world!! :) My brother and I used to try and hold our breath as we passed Sweet Water Canal! Not very successfully, I hasten to add! We also moved from JB to Singapore :)

Wow! That's a fab number grandad! You certainly haven't missed the boat! :)

2kms for today, great photograph!

5 likes

Well done John :)

It's fab isn't it? :)

Hey there πŸ˜„ I'm back!! Sorry but due to my immunosuppressants bugs can take a while to shift!! If you want to add them in Thurs & Fri (21-22) I wracked up a total of 9.2k am going to try a gentle jog today as still recovering but will post my totals for today post jog ☺️

Loving the sound of Dragon Boats 😎 Xx

6 likes

Welcome back evictoria, glad you're feeling better :)

Thanks for the update of your totals, but don't overdo things, just take it very steady :)

Hi,

I managed to scrape just over 5km today, got soaked again :( so made up some extra distance shopping :)

6 likes

Great number Sueper, sorry about the soaking though ;)

1 like

Hello Lizzy et al. 4000 for me please (... before you ask, I went shopping....!).

xx

6 likes

Shopping!! The best way to clock up the K's! :D

1 like

Ok I got a water taxi round toTrio beach ( my fav hk beach). I swam 72 lengths and treadmill walked 3.9 km. just back in time for gin o clock.

7 likes

What a perfect day Aqua! :)

6.43 k run

4.4 k walk

Just updated on each of the post Thurs, Friday and today Sat. I had a family emergency so just posting these now. Thank you :-)

6 likes

Oh no T1, I hope everything's ok in your world now!

Thanks for your stats, they're fab, as usual :)

1 like

Thank you as always moreless :-) my son taken into hospital on Friday in an emergency he couldn't breath properly. He is doing much better today, but we have to keep a close eye on him and give him his meds as prescribed. Scary to say the least.

1 like

I hope he recovers quickly. How horrible for you all. Hospitals are horrid but necessary places.

1 like

Thank you Aqua. The hospital doctors were just brilliant :-)

Oh my goodness T1, I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been terrifying for you all! How absolutely horrible!

Is he asthmatic, or was this something completely out of the blue?

1 like

He is asthmatic, but I've never seen anything this. The emergency GP and the hospital took such great care of him and he is now on the mend thank goodness and has a management plan in place :-)

2 likes

That's a relief! I can't imagine the horror you went through. Thank goodness you're such a strong, capable woman!

Fingers crossed it never happens again!

1 like

so..farewell to Lovely Ricki - just when we needed him to help row the Dragon boat.

I clocked up 2.8k on walk logger and (6 hours in Endomo cleaning out a very damp, mouldy beach house). Am sitting by a roaring fire but thinking of our Thai sunsets.

All good, have fun this weekend.

6 likes

You came in search of paradise........................................and found a damp, mouldy beach hut! :D

Well done Gonti, keep dreaming :)

1 like

Ricky Martin rowing...swoon...

2 likes

Lucca 10 going.......soon :D

1 like

Hi all, yesterday's total was 7.14

Today so far is 4.48 but since I was sent back to bed this morning by oh ( still not well) and slept until 1.30 pm I'm ok with thatπŸ™ƒπŸŒΆ

7 likes

Well done jal, particularly as you're still not well! :o

2 likes

Thanks moreless, just cannot shake this pesky cold off😑 .

Hey ho, springs around the cornerπŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸŒΆ

1 like

Oh I do hope so!! :)

8.5 miles for me today. Send the sun to Exmoor!!!!!

7 likes

I think the sun's gone into hibernation Florence :'(

Fantastic number though :)

walked 7.5km today.

7 likes

Well done arbitdude :)

11.3 km today

6 likes

Ooh, good going K_o_g :)

Oh, well done 😊

Your gonna have to do without much mileage from me for a bit 😑

Despite following the c25km program and warming up and stretching etc, my right shin has had it for now.

Not too happy walking, am taking it was for a while, will do some gently strengthening exercises for a while and then start up far more slowly. I guess it was too good to be true for my body to be holding up all the way 😏

I will follow you in the far distance, but one day I will return ....... 😈😁

6 likes

Hope you mend quickly.

1 like

Thank you Aqua, so do I 😊

1 like

Hi Lizzy, my kms for 23rd are 1 only. Looking forward to the Dragon Boat ride.

6 likes

All K's are good K's Marianne :)

1 like

Many thanks moreless, im hoping to catch up next week, i'm on the mend. Hope yours and everyone are having a good weekend.

1 like

Smashing thanks Marianne :)

12 km today. Walk round a local lake, shopping and general Saturday stuff.

6 likes

Sounds lovely JC and a great number :)

Evening, enjoying the sunset on the dragon boat with a cocktail 🍸

Cannot run at the moment, very disappointed but hoping that with the right rest and gentle exercise it will get better in time ( one can wish 🌠).

Despite that I managed 8.05 km today, walking to shops, shopping and housework.

Hope the pain eases soon so I can at least walk more comfortable 🚢😏

8 likes

For goodness sake Elissy, take care! It's a really nasty thing and not something you want permanently. Gentle strolls will be fine :)

I know 😩

But i can't avoid walking at work. Have been taking some anti inflammatory tablets, cooling it and feet up at the moment. The cider is cooling the inside too πŸ˜‰

Will just be doing my unavoidable kms until better 😊

1 like

I know what it's like, I had shingles in my leg and a job that required me to be on my feet 10 hours a day. Not a happy combination!

You just have to do the best you can and grit your teeth, but please don't try and clock up extra K's for the challenge. I'd hate to have that on my conscience! ;)

1 like

Promise I won't!!!

I never thought I would enjoy something like running - but I do. It's helping me to wind down after work and giving me some much needed "me" time. I will just report my "necessary" kms as I really do want my leg to get better. I is obviously telling me that I should not have progressed the same speed as the program. I made it to week 8 - 28 minutes of running, never thought I would as I couldn't run a minute without feeling puffed out before.

So I will look after my leg and rest as much as I can for now 😊

3 likes

Maybe you and I can start together. I'd love to be able to do the c25K, but my fitness level isn't good enough yet and I'd have to take it slowly, because of arthritis in my feet. Maybe when I've lost a bit more weight :)

2 likes

Sounds great 😊

And you'll get there. I have mild probation, short Achilles tendons, heel spurs, a bad ish knee after a motorbike accident, and I am overweight, so if I can do it, so can you!!!

Many of my aches and pains lessened after doing some Rosemary Conley dvd, and it got even better when I got a bit used to running 😊

We can do it !!!!!!!!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ƒ

2 likes

Woohoo! It's our super challenge :)

Yay πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

1 like

I'd be in on that too; although like u moreless I have arthritis and a fair bit of weight to loose.

Steroids don't help the weight loss bit; but it's either that or loose the sight in one eye (optic neuritis); the steroids are lesser of two evils

Not easy choices to make Ruth

Hope Resting will help you heal. Take careπŸ˜€

Thank you 😊

Feels strange to try not to move 😞 but it'll be worth it 😊

Today's total 8.2. Still thinking about Ricky... maybe there will be some athletic rowers for those Dragon Boats? (Wishful thinking...)

6 likes

Oh my goodness Saga, you've caught the bug too! :D

Great total :)

1 like

Had a very industrious day - spring cleaning, decluttering. Followed by a trip to the gym. Feeling very virtuous :)

So cycle - 8km

treadmill - 1.6 km

cross trainer - 0.6 km

rowing - 1 km

Housework - fit bit steps converted - 7.95km (seems a lot but I really have been at it all day, up and down stairs more times than I have for a while!)

So my total is 19.15km My best yet.

AND - gym planned for tomorrow too.

Hope the scales reflect my hard work on Monday morning.

8 likes

WOOHOO Gill!! WTG you! That's a fantastic number!! :)

1 like

Thank you, this is really helping me to stay motivated :0)

1 like

And some!! You're a star!! :)

Between a short session at the gym and a long walk with a friend, I have a personal best of 19.62kms! Dead chuffed with that!

8 likes

WOWEE!! YEEHAH!! YIPPEE!! Is there something in the air? Everybody's gone crazy! I'm feeling exceptionally lazy by comparison with you all :o

2 likes

I think it is the approaching full moon or something!

Thanks Moreless, I am sure you are not lazy at all!

2 likes

It must be something like that :D

You haven't seen me slobbing about! :D

1 like

That's fantastic 😊 well done!!!

1 like

Thanks Elissy - I hope your shin improves soon!

Thank you 😊

Evening all

12.2 km for me today on the exercise bike, my best yet πŸ˜€

Nic

6 likes

HOLY MOLEY! It's catching! Whatever you lot are on, I want some! :D

14934 steps today, not as far as usual for my "long" walk but coming down with a chest and throat lurgy so didn't push it. Now for a relax on the dragon boat (we do have rowers I hope lol ) πŸ€’

6 likes

Oh no, not you too Fran! We're dropping like flies at the moment! :o

Still a lot of steps though :)

That dragon boating should burn off a good few calories! I'll be posting those tomorrow!

Had a lovely walk with my friend today... So much nattering the miles flew by! 13.3k for me.

6 likes

So the tongues were moving as fast as the feet Phil ;)

Fantastic number! :)

I'm getting a rowing machine tomorrow, just a bit late for any practice :)

Thailand. Hope there will be chance for some shopping.

8.1km today. Tomorrow might be a struggle. Meeting and lunch so lots of sitting and lots of temptation.

6 likes

Take each day as it comes henlady, today's number's great! :)

Hi 11km for me Saturday. Those dragon boats look ace. Get rowing!! πŸ’ͺ🏾

5 likes

It's going to be a great workout Mimsta, just what my bingo wings are needing! :D

That's a fab number!! :)

1 like

Hi all, joined up today and looking forward to reporting progress 🚢🌏

5 likes

Hi and welcome Chris, I'm so pleased you decided to join us :)

We're all just ever so slightly bonkers, but that's what makes the trip lots of fun :D

Can't wait to start getting your progress reports.

Welcome aboard! :)

1 like

I nearly did it again! Yapping too much and forgetting to post!

16.2K's again today :)

6 likes

Hi Moreless,

Wow, that's a great result - well done you!!!! :-)

Lowcal :-)

1 like

Thank you Lowcal, but between you and me, I think my trusty steed is on auto pilot now ;)

1 like

Your secret's safe with me, Moreless. ;-)

1 like

Thanks ;)

1 like

Disappointed with myself as only done 3.2km today and was ready for doing so much more.

Busy weekend house hunting; should bad better Monday as have several gym classes booked πŸ˜€

5 likes

Don't be disappointed Ruth, these things happen and house hunting is much more important. I love looking at houses :) Let us know how you get on.

3.2K's isn't a shabby number anyway :)

Hi Lizzy, Moreless, & Everyone,

My results for today (Saturday 23rd January 2016) are:

Walking 9.5kms.

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend so far.

Lowcal :-)

5 likes

A lovely long walk Lowcal, I hope the weather was kind to you :)

1 like

Saturday; 1.3 km dog walking, 2.25 km run

5 likes

Great stuff Concerned. One day I'll join you runners :)

1 like

The too tired, not good enough weather, can't be bothered gremlins got me this morning but I managed to get out of their sticky hands by this afternoon and I did

5 km !!!!!! Feeling proud of myself, thank you for this thread, it really helped to get me out there today πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ί

7 likes

Yaaaay Britdiane! That's exactly what we like to hear. Well done you! :)

Fraid I wasn't up to it today - only 1.38 kms today πŸ˜”

5 likes

Oh Beryl, I hope you're not poorly! :(

Thanks Moreless - bit of a difficult week but I will survive πŸ˜‘

4 likes

I'm so sorry to hear that Beryl. I hope things are picking up for you now.

11.4km for me today :) hopefully I will get to the gym tomorrow too

5 likes

Woohoo RAF_girl! It's amazing what happens when you unchain yourself from your desk! :)

Spent most of today reading so only 1.5km but as I'm a librarian feel I was working from home 😜 x

5 likes

Lol! :)

Here's a tip Claire, get an exercise bike and you can clock up the K's while you're reading :D

PS I always wanted to be a librarian :)

For me today it's 4.63km.

πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†πŸ˜Š

4 likes

Well done dw :)

17.9km today- whew! I'm not sure I wanted to whizz through Thailand quite so quickly! πŸ˜€

5 likes

Lordy, Lordy rainshine!! Magnificent number!! :)

1 like

Whoopee, I love the dragon boats! Feeling smug today as managed to get back to my double figure kms despite having guests. Clocked up 16481 steps equaling 11kms and most of this in wellies as the doggie walk is just clearing of snow. Hopefully boots tomorrow and another good distance. I bet I won't be so smug on Monday at the weigh in though πŸ˜₯

5 likes

Great welly bashing number Bu-dog, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you at the weigh-in :)

1 like

1.6 km for me today.

5 likes

Well done 20Voices :)

4.6kms for today and 6.4 for yesterday Friday :). Thanks for the motivational post!

4 likes

Fab numbers Nussaybah, keep it up! :)

Saturday = 1.9 km.

4 likes

Good show veganista :)

20364 steps = 15.03k for yesterday. Quite surprised it's so high but went window shopping and that really pushed up the steps. I've never seen a dragon boat - what an amazing picture!!

4 likes

Three cheers for window shopping! Cheap and great for clocking up those K's! Good job as usual Lexi :D

5.14 km on Saturday.

4 likes

That's great Don :)

9:2km for Saturday :)

4 likes

Great number Cazmaz! :)

Friday 3.26km

Saturday 13.91km (mainly dancing, don't even want to add up the calories consumed in alcohol but it was worth it!!!)πŸ˜€

3 likes

Woohoo Jude! I'm sure you danced those calories off! :)

9.53km - trip continues to focus the mind in spite of lots of poor weather!

3 likes

Lizzy and I love to hear our travellers say things like that Determined, because that was exactly our intention :)

Fab number! :)

8.31km for Saturday :)

2 likes

Good for you keep-on :)

Morning all,

I did 7.6km cycling and 2.5km walking so total for Saturday us 10.1km

2 likes

Yaaay kars :)

Morning team. Clocked up another 6.5km yesterday.

Nice picture :)

2 likes

Well done SS :)

It's great isn't it :)

1 like

Hi all 6.5 km for Saturday for me x

2 likes

That's great Es :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. 10.5k for me for Sat. 6k bike and the rest going foraging for supplies to the shops and back. I wondered if I always walked to get food, and bought less because of the weight, I'd lose more? :)

3 likes

Great number Mrscaw and a brilliant theory :) Why not try it out for a week and see how it goes? :)

I'll give it a go!

1 like

Good for you! :)

I can't wait to hear how you get on :)

Hi there only 4.7kms today.

2 likes

There's no only about it denvajade. All K's are good K's :)

13.77km for Saturday all walking to and from the gym and round Aldi shopping with my mother!

You may also like...