Anybody ever tried Pilates??

Just a quick question, I am going to start my new healthier way of life on Monday (after a pretty heavy weekend) and I wondered if any of you have ever tried Pilates? I have a kettlebell at home which I have used before and I plan to pick it up and dust it off again but I have always fancied giving pilates a try after a very brief taster session in a hotel spa. Any experience or advice from you all would be great.

6 Replies

• I've been doing Pilates for a few years now and have found it an excellent way to increase flexibility and strength. My general health has also improved over the same time. It's a good idea to find a properly qualified instructor.

Good luck with finding an exercise you enjoy.

• Many thanks, I'm looking into available classes at the moment and fully take on board your comments regarding the qualifications and experience of the instructor. Fingers crossed that I join a class and start to enjoy it, improved flexibility would definitely be a positive as I'm also hoping to put more time and effort in to learing to play golf.

• I have a pilates gym i find it very good and not to strenuous..... I just do 10 mins on a morning at the minute but hopefully will build up to longer xxx

• Many thanks for your reply, I'm hoping to make a start next week just waiting for confirmation that there is space in the class. Feel quite excited to have decided to try something new.

• I love pilates and have found it very useful in loosening up my back and legs to ease chronic pain, id also recommend hot yoga for weight loss and toning up x

• Thank you, I hope to join a local class next week (just waiting for confirmation that there is a free space). I feel a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders (desk job) so hope it also helps with that.

You may also like...