week 2

Hi, I can not believe I have completed a week on this plan. I have had my ups and downs but I am hanging on in with the help of different people in the community and I thank you for your support.

I went swimming on Monday and loved it I have been meaning to go all month but haven't so I was so chuffed when I finally done it got on the scales and found I have lost 2lb 6oz. I find with swimming that is a good exercise to help with any water retention. I am looking forward to going next week.

I am still finding the calorie counting a bit difficult and finding the time to record it, I am not doing this on the NHS page as I am not sure were to find it, I print a page off and do it by hand is that what everybody else does? I am sure there must be an easier way and one I could get on with.

I am still wanting to pick after lunch/evening and would like to stop I find the want to do it so over powering, if I can give that up I am sure that would help me even more, it has become an habit and one hard to break. I wish you all well and hope you are getting on ok x

2 Replies

• Hey well done on your first week! This site has been enormous about of support for me. For calorie counting i use an app called myfitnesspal on my phone its great you can search the database and scan items only had 1 or 2 that i couldnt find so far. As its on my phone its always to hand and i can plan meals ahead

With snacking ive found drinking water helps aswell as distracting myself. But at work or when bored at home i will have clementines to hand 35cal for a medium size one, or ill dice up cucumber, red pepper and spring onion to dip in hummous. Also you could find some low cal like lettuce? A little dressing and seasoning pretty filling as about 50g lettuce is only about 5-8cals. So wont hurt to pick at either. But i find distraction works well, especially housework as dont want to pick when i can smell cleaning chemicals lol.

Good luck and keep up the good work

• Thank you and thank you for tips it is always good to find out what other people do.

You may also like...