Coming off cerazette: I’ve not been on cerazette before... - NCT

NCT
32,103 members12,253 posts

Coming off cerazette

I’ve not been on cerazette before (previously microgynon) so just curious how long it takes for a withdrawal bleed to start. Only stopped it Friday but got cramps today. After having a quick google some say it takes 2-4 weeks!

Has anyone got any experiences?

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I came off mine and started cramping after a few days. A week after I stopped taking it I had a withdrawal bleed. Then 4 weeks after that I had a period and then 4 weeks after that I didn't have a period so did I test and it was positive xx

Oh wow congratulations. I had to have IVF for my LG so I’m not hopeful that I’m going to get pregnant naturally but you never know xx

Well I hope it happens for you. I know someone who had to have IVF and had twins then went on to have a little girl naturally so it does happen. I'll have everything crossed for you xx

Ah that’s great! Hopefully being more chilled about it this time will help 🤞🏻🤞🏻 xx

I came off it 3rd June, 3 day withdrawal bleed 4th July, pregnant 20th July 😊 I read all sorts online about people taking a year to get their period, 2 girls in my office were on it and one took a month and another took 6! Xxx

1 like

Thank you. Can’t believe it takes that long. I had no idea or I would of come off earlier.

Congratulations to you though xx

1 like

When I came off cerazette it took 77 days for me to have a period (was tracking), my next few cycles were long but within five months I was down to a regular 33 day cycle. But I'd been on different contraceptives for 11 years!

Oh god! I really didn’t realise this could happen. I wish I hadn’t started it now. I’ve only been on it about a year but with microgynon that I had been on for about 7 years I went back to normal (for me) straight away xx

Yea with microgynon for me was back to normal very quick. I'd been on cerazette for almost 5 years without a break though so that might have something to do with it xx

1 like

It took me 3 weeks for a withdrawal bleed and 6 weeks until my first period. It did completely stop my periods whilst on it (I took it for 6 years) so it was a relief when my period returned quickly.

Yeah mine have completely stopped whilst being on it. Just expected to have a withdrawal bleed straight away really. Hope I don’t have cramps until I have a bleed! Xx

Very dependant... I bleed if I miss a pill!

You may also like...