I'm a newbie!

I was diagnosed in May of 2015, at age 65, with primary progressive MS. Befor that I was seeing a neurologist for Essential Tremor and considering having deep brain stimulation surgery. I had the surgery in Nov. 2015 and it made an enormous improvement in my tremor, although my right hand and left leg still tremor some. AS for the MS, I have recently started some PT and Speech therapy to help with balance and swallowing/voice issues. I am waiting to see what the FDA (and my insurance co.) have to say about the possible med. for primary progressive that is being looked at. This is not what I imagined retirement being like,but I guess I am lucky that I am retired and have the time and some energy to deal with everything.

2 Replies

• What is the med you are looking at, hope you get it, I have PPMS so please keep us informed how you get on, hope when you get it, that it works for you, Cheers Jimeka

• Welcome to our My MSAA Community, bavery207 ! Thank you for sharing your MS journey so far, and we certainly want you to keep us posted on here.

- John, MSAA

You may also like...