Trespassing by accident? Sorry farmers 😦

Trespassing by accident?  Sorry farmers 😦

Favourite places to run: across the fields, beside a river, on a muddy track, in the woods!  Loving the dry weather as so much mud is firm and so it is opening up the countryside as a place to explore which is fantastic.  Find it challenging when I find a footpath sign to know where it leads and don't know how to read a map or use a compass so some guesswork is needed.  Hope I don't trespass or get a farmer shooting at me with his gun for sheep worrying.  I do try to tiptoe past a mum with her lambs but still they gallop away from me, bless them!  

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you stay on the footpath you won't be trespassing - I hope! Looks gorgeous, you have some lovely places to run!

• Staying on the footpath is the problem.  Go through a gate with a pointer with a vague track across a grassy field.  Then there are several gates but no indication which way to go next - guess it might be through a gate but there is a muddy track too and when I get to the end, there is a locked gate so I guessed wrong - whoops!

• Ha ha! I remember accidentally riding a horse off a bridleway and onto the gallops of a local racing stables once ( sadly I haven't ridden for years). Tried to gallop my way off without getting noticed but was stopped by the owner😮 who seemed a little cynical when I told him I had got lost! (It was a fab place to gallop though😉!)

• wow that sounds great! i dreamt of being a jockey as a kid,  and used to reenact this putting the stirrups up short on my dartmoor pony and whizzing along!! :)

• Ha ha! 😀🐎🐴🐎🙂

• Funny!  I "found" a wonderful track that I thought was the footpath but think I had taken a wrong turn as the only way through was a padlocked gate which was covered in barbed wire, had to clamber over it.  Think I may stumble that way again, it was a fabulous run - hills, Red Kites, woodland, hope I don't get caught but I have no idea where the footpath is LOL

• Well done JB1! Lovely pic there baa 😊

• Lovely pic... And I love exploring but I get lost so easily!!! I am determined though to keep trying different routes, thanks for the inspiration!!

• I use the ordinance survey mapping app, you don't need to be able to read a map as will use your phones gps to show you exactly where you are.   But you do have to buy the maps and carry your phone. 

You may also like...