There are many posts about memory and Lupus fog particularly with people explaining how they forget things, people's names, words etc. I'm wondering if there is a broader scope to the memory problems associated with lupus and connective tissue disease generally? I've listed a few of my problems below that I've had on and off mildly since the onset of other symptoms in 2015. Recently they have returned much worse and at times are quite distressing both for me and people around me.
I've listed a few to see if you guys can relate to them.
1. Mixing spoken words up in sentences to give a different meaning but in your head you have it all the correct way round.
2. Repeating the same question several times to someone during the day.
3. Telling someone the same thing several times in the same day.
4. Saying or writing a wrong number but in your head you have said it correctly.
5. Not understanding what someone is saying to you. (Simple things.)
6. Having a conversation with someone about something important and 15 mins later starting the same conversation again and not believing the other person that you've already had it. Then a while later remembering it.
I mentioned this at my last gp appointment about something else, she did the basic memory test and sent me for bloods and an ECG and she's then referring me to the memory clinic, I was a little alarmed on the walk home...
Could this be Lupus fog?
People that have Lupus fog, do the symptoms come and go like all the other symptoms?