Selena Gomez Donates Money to USC’s Keck School of Medicine for Lupus research

😊 This good news is on Facebook from the Lupus Team:

"Selena Gomez has recently made a donation to the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine. The donation will serve to kick start the Selena Gomez Fund for Lupus Research, a research program focused on treating complications caused by lupus.

She said in a statement β€œI am hopeful for the millions of us around the world that may benefit from this.”

facebook.com/LupusStudy/pos...

These links give a bit more publicity to Selena's lupus story & the USC research angle

billboard.com/articles/news...

news.usc.edu/117881/selena-...

YAY Selena πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Here's hoping her donation Is matched by others'....making a real difference for the better....

🀞🀞🀞🀞this publicity helps plenty more people wake up to Lupus

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ coco

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • This is fantastic Barnclown, should make such a difference. Thanks for sharing and have a good weekend. X

• Yes, it is isn't it...we've been following her since the lupus diagnosis...hoping she'd help more to raise public awareness of lupus....now she's doing this AND helping to fund research πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

• Hi Barnclown I've been looking for your response to me regarding bloods taken on Wednesday but couldn't find it - you asked me to get back to you.

I looked them up on line :

Rheumatoid factor level 1gG -

result and normal Range are N/A

ESR level on 2nd June 2016 were -

result 14mm/h

Normal range is 1-30mm/h

ESR level 15th March 2017 were

result 21mm/h

normal Range is 1-30mm/h

Plasma C reactive protein level

result 19mg/L *

normal Range this doesn't give a normal Range.

Telephoned surgery I was told to have Plasma C reactive protein level done in another two weeks but nothing has been said about ESR level which has risen.

Hope you don't mind my asking for your help. Thank you 😘😘

• Hello toolie

Sounds as if your surgery is thinking the PCreactive protein is the main concern. Once that test is repeated, do see your gp and ask him/her to explain these results including the increased ESR. And when you see Rheumatology ask again.

I'm not expert at interpreting these particular results: my significant blood results tend to be to do with other blood elements' levels.

Possibly others here can help more, so maybe put this into a post of your own? That way lots of us will see your question

πŸ€πŸ˜˜πŸ€πŸ˜˜

• Yeah that's my thinking too - I am not under a rheumatologist so can't ask them🀣 Just the doc and I will ask for a phone consult with her once I've had bloods back.

Thanks for your post back to me and will put a general post up - I thought as people tend to read posts they'd pick up my post to you and respond. Take care have a good weekend. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ˜˜

• It's terrific to have a celebrity..sweet one at that, highlighting SLE. Sad for her of course but bless her for doing this.

Thanks as always dear Coco 😘😘😘😘😘😘

• She does have a sweetness about her! 😊...you're v welcome dear PM πŸ™ƒπŸ˜πŸ€πŸ˜˜

You may also like...