Lupus nephritis and pregnancy

. Can any one pls tell me whether I can get pregnant after remission... And is there any one who went thru remission and have children... Iam a bit worried about it... Pls give me some hope in this concern... I was diagonised lupus nephritis class 3 and 5 in Jan and iam in remission now... Pls tell me whether I have any hope of successful pregnancies... Thnx in advance...

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Sle_remission,

We have a guide to lupus and pregnancy which you can view and download on our website at lupusuk.org.uk/wp-content/u...

It should answer the questions that you have. If you need a physical copy of the booklet, send me a private message or email paul@lupusuk.org.uk and I will pop one in the post for you.

The booklet can't be opened... The format is incorrect.... Can u plz send the correct format

Hi Sle_remission,

It is in pdf format. Do you have adobe installed on your device?

If you send me an email at paul@lupusuk.org.uk then I can send you the pdf by email, or if you let me know your postal address, I can send you a physical copy.

I do have acrobat reader.. But its saying the file is corrupted. Can't be opened...

What type of device/browser are you using? I am unable to replicate your problem and have not had any similar reports. Have you tried clearing your cache?

The blog Despite Lupus by Sara Gorman tells her story of having her two children with lupus. You'd probably find it interesting. She was diagnosed 6 weeks after getting married.

Found out after i had my children, my kidneys are scarred. Only trouble i had was urinating after i delivered my daughter. They had to bag me...couldnt pee. I remember nurse telling me i wasnt that swollen after delivery. She seemed annoyed to catherize me. I didnt know i had anything at that time. This nurse made me feel bad. How awful. Regardless of whar her opinion was, i had a lot of pain because i could not urinate and needed it to be done. Second pregnancy i was ok. No problems.

Well, almost no problems. Lol! I herniated a disc during pregnancy. Joint pain and such. Felt like i had the flu after delivering her. But, all in all...was ok. You will be fine because you Know about your situation. I was also 36 and 38 years old when i had my girls. Take care!

Thank u... How sad that u were treated poorly by the nurse... But all in all u have 2 angels... May b one day even I can have my own children...

1 like

You may also like...