PASSIVE SMOKING

PASSIVE SMOKING

The first global study into the effects of passive smoking has estimated it causes 600,000 deaths every year. One-third of those killed are children exposed to smoke at home. It concluded passive smoking is particularly dangerous for children, who are at high risk of sudden infant death syndrome, pneumonia, asthma and a susceptibility to numerous other long term disabling and life threatening respiratory diseases.

bbc.co.uk/news/health-11844169

stobhilllungcancersupportgr...

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Another excellent article Robert. I'll bet few of us realised just HOW MANY people lost their lives as a result of other people's smoking habits.

Bill

• That doesn't surprise me at all! I'm going to post that on my FB page, thank you

Lyn

• Glad to be of some service folks!

Robert

• Those statistics are unbelieveable. As a non smoker who has never even tried a cigarette the oncologist is convinced that my lung cancer was caused through passive smoking, however, my parents didn't smoke and I can't remember ever being subjected to very smokey enviornments. Just goes to show that you don't need to be inhaling passive smoke constantly for it to become a demon. x

• Well Lulla

I am now a pensioner, but well remember growing up in pubs, buses, restuarants, cinemas, parties, workplaces etc. All polluted with thick dense tobacco smoke that regularly made your eyes smart. In times past It was just regarded as the norm. Thankfully those times are now in our less well informed past.

Robert

You may also like...