Nsclc immunotherapy

Hi there

My mum in law was diagnosed last June 2016 she has had several chemotherapy sessions the tumour and lymph nodes had shrunk. she has a well derversed break from chemo as the symptoms where pretty bad. Since then her last scan has shown that the tumour and lymph nodes have grown. She is about to start immunotherapy next week I was wondering if anyone else has it it and what where the results.

Thank you in advance

Xxx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Tcam,

I have attached a link to cancer research UK discussing immunotherapy.

cancerresearchuk.org/our-re...

There is also some information on the Roy Castle website roycastle.org/how-we-help/l...

Please don't hesitate to contact the Nurse led Helpline Freephone 08003587200 if you need to talk to someone: Freephone 0800 358 7200

• Thank you.

• Hi there, I was having immunotherapy called nivolumab, I had it every two weeks. It's nowhere near as harsh as Chemo, I had it for 12 months , although cancer never shrank in never grew either and I felt very well. Unfortunately I'm now off of this drug as I had high liver enzymes which took me out of criteria. So back to Chemo for me.

I would say definitely give it a go. All the best, Clair

• Hi there

Thank you for your reply.

I'm so glad you had a year of feeling well that's great to know. 😃

Sorry you've had to stop and regarding your liver I hope this hasn't caused you too much pain.

Would you mind me asking your stage? My mum in law is 3b.

Sending positive thoughts for your next journey.

Many thanks

🦋

• Hi, I'm stage 4 and inoperable but have stayed very well, I had no noticeable liver problems, it just showed up on blood test. Stay positive a lot of people have shown great results. All the best

• Thank you again. Fingers crossed 🤞

🦋🦋🦋

You may also like...