Lung Cancer Support
2,600 members1,184 posts

Upset

Hi all, feeing nervous and ticked off at the same time. Doctor stopped my Sandostatin shot after my colon surgery for over 3 months so colon could heal. He stated since my cancer is slow growing it would be fine. Well. Guess what? My count has more than tripled from chromogranin being 120 to almost 500 !

Now waiting to see oncologist on Tuesday. Don't know what the outcome will be. To top that off, I may not get any more help for the shot that cost $16,000 a month. I'm just receiving all kinds of " good news" these last couple weeks.

Could use some prayers from you guys , thank you!!

Donna

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Donna, I'm so sorry you are going through this. It certainly is a bumpy road we travel. I hope your oncologist comes up with a successful treatment plan for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean

1 like

Thank you Jean.

Donna, oh for goodness sake. I am so very sorry. Will keep you in my prayers on Tuesday and hope for a positive new path and assistance with the cost of treatment as well. Good luck and hugs.

Thank you,Peggy . Trying to keep a positive outlook, not easy though I'll tell ya!

1 like

I’ve no words to relay how sad this is. Please let us know what your doctor says on Tuesday.

1 like

You may also like...