7w2d first scan post bfp....empty sac 😢

I'm gutted. Absolutely devastated 😩

As you can read from the title this happened today 😢 I'm shocked. I really did not expect this at all. The clinic took hcg and it came back today at 29,000.

I just don't understand. It doesn't make sense, does it?!

I have to have hcg rechecked on Friday and another scan.

I have read that there may still be hope and that it is perhaps maybe just too early to see anything.

Can anyone help me??

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • No one???

• I'm sorry to hear this I can't comment personally but have had 3 ectopic pregnancies so I do understand your worry and pain you can have empty sac that is to early or that didn't Develop are you under a EPU they are the best people to look after you. I hope it goes ok 2moz here if would like to talk x

• Thanks E8989! I'm being seen by early pregnancy tomorrow. Having now had 24 hrs to think about I feel a little calmer. I'm hoping and praying that somehow it's all going to be ok. What a nightmare though. Feel sick to my stomach 🤢

• Glad you feel litter calmer Hun I am prAying that it all works out for you. I bet you do feel very sick and nervous but remain positive as possible and hopefully it was just to early could have got dates wrong or is it ivf? Xx

• No dates are exact it was our first go at ivf for unexplained infertility. Talking about dates though....I find it a bit strange how they add on 2 weeks. My egg collection, ie the day the embryo was created was 21st August. Therefore in my head I'm thinking, yesterday the embryo was only 5w2days yesterday- perhaps I'm clutching at straws 😧

• Yes I never really understood tbh I think it's due to the egg being released traveling and implanting (in natural conception) this takes 2 weeks so by the time you found out your are already 1 month (2week after missed period) as it's always calculated from last period date. I don't know Hun wish I had answers for you but just want to send my love and luck for positive news 2moz xxx

You may also like...