ICUsteps
3,084 members894 posts

Post septic shock

Hello! I want to report a positive seven month later update from septic shock and and long icu stay. First of all my hair is growing back!!! Its like a mushroom so far but it's everywhere. The hair loss was about 50% and a total devestating effect. I've noticed some of the rogue pains and numbness I had are dissapearing. Possibly due to my vitamins back to where they should be. The vivid dreams are subsiding some but still much more frequent then the old me had. I'm still struggling to keep weight on but at 5'6 120lbs I cannot complain. I don't freak out anymore calculating the distances I have to walk anymore either. I just remind myself that I wont fall and do it.

Life gets better. It just takes time and patience!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

It's good to hear news like this. Here's to you! 🍸 x

1 like

What good news. It is great to hear you are getting back to your old self. Thanks for such a positive post. I am 10 months down the road and also feeling much more confident and strong. It does happen slowly. Xx

2 likes

That’s wonderful, thank you for sharing!

1 like

A great measure of getting back to fitness is ten days for every day you are on ICU - best wishes moving forward

such good new !! go you !! loosing all my waist length hair in a week was devastating for me ..... But I'm a year into regrowth with about 6" and can do ridiculous pigtails, just because I can 😁 So here's looking forward to your first pigtails 😁

Wonderful.

You may also like...