About - ICUsteps | HealthUnlocked
ICUsteps (the Intensive Care Unit Support Teams for Ex-Patients) was founded in 2005 by ex-patients, their relatives and ICU staff to support patients and their families through the long road to recovery from critical illness.
Our aims are to:
- support patients and relatives affected by critical illness,
- promote recognition of the physical and psychological consequences of critical illness through education of the medical - profession and the general public, and
- encourage research into treatment and the prevention of these issues.
We do this through our network of local support groups, through provision of critical illness patient and relative information in over a dozen languages, and through providing a patient voice to national healthcare bodies such as NHS England, NICE and the Critical Care Leadership Forum.
The guideline highlights:
• Be kind, respectful, and understanding of one another - this is a scary time but we are all in this together
• Post from your own experience - “For me, this worked…” rather than “You should do this…”
• This is a space for emotional support - keep the medical advice to the professionals
• Only share third-party information when absolutely necessary and from credible sources
• No political content - it only causes arguments
• This community should not be used for commercial or personal promotion - no selling, no fundraising, no spam
• If you see something you’re concerned about, use the reporting functionality to flag it to the moderation team