Tooth extracted

Having tooth out on Monday

My usual dentist didn't want to do it as I'm on warfrin target of 4

Found a dentist willing to do it but having to go to st Thomas hostipital Monday morning to get Venus Inr

Even though I self test ! Wants my Inr as low as possible but if I go below Inr of 3 have to take fragmine injections.

Can I have tooth taken out if my warfrin fills below 3 and I go on to fragmine???

Had major stroke 2011 and lots of amourus fugax things

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It does sound to me as if the dentist has done this before, and is merely dotting the i's, others on here have had similar procedures and will answer you. I have not,. Good luck and well done on moving your appointment forward. MaryF

• Its best for you to get your inr as low as possible, to reduce risk of haemorage, as soon as your dentist allows start the fragmin & take daily until your inr is back up to 4. Previous surgery I had - this was the procedure for me (I had the injection whilst in recovery). Good luck for Monday.

• Thanks for your useful reply. MaryF

• I am having an extraction soon and my dentist won't do it over 3.5 and would prefer less than 3.0. I will bridge with heparin as I have done before for likes of endoscopies by stopping warfarin three or so days before . I will use heparin in the morning/s but not on morning of procedure- best to have a morning appt just in case there is a bleed. All being well,will restart heparin and warfarin within a few hours. My dentist says there is a limit set in law , 3.5? Over which she cannot do an extraction. I have agreed my arrangements with my GP and dentist. Good luck. PS Look at the dentist leaflet available on this site.

You may also like...