A round up from the newspapers

7 Replies

• Thanks for putting these on although the one about Gluten Diets is very flippant and won't help those of us that have a hard enough time as it is. Also factually incorrect. The author would have done better to have read this first.

• Yes I found it a bit lightweight! MaryF

• The story below the first linked? -about those who resorted to bottled water because " something" in the tap water was causing symptoms?

I have been compelled to purchase, cart and drink bottled water ( then take the plastic containers to the recycling center) for years. I consulted with my local water supplier to try to identify the ingredient I'm sensitive to, but after eliminating all the "cheap to test for possibilities," I chose not to pursue more testing which would likely reveal the presence of something which home filters can not erase, and which only effects me. ( I was, after all, born and raised in a Southern West Virginia coal camp and my local water supplier draws from a river whose upstream water washes coal. So it seems likely that I have developed a sensitivity to some coal related chemical that does not bother others who were not fortunate to share my coal camp childhood. )

It was nice to read that I'm not the only one.

• only read the first one so far,and surely they have made a mistake?

it lists potatoes as a food that contains gluten

I was sure that potatoes were ok

please tell me I don't have to give up my buttered jacket

one of my staples

• No potatoes are fine, it is a badly written article, it is good to see what is out there though, MaryF

• Thank you Mary!

Re "the pill" and depression;

"un unwanted pregnancy far outweighs all the other side effects that could occur from a contraceptive-pill" - then they have forgotten APS (Sticky Blood).

• Yes there is still a lot of work to be done regarding that. MaryFx

You may also like...