Sticky Blood-Hughes Syndrome Support
8,164 members8,384 posts

Rheumatologist in Kent, UK

Hi I have just looked on the the HS website and see that there are several rheumatologists listed for the Kent area - I am going to see my GP tomorrow to asked to be referred to a rheumatologist (have been recently diagnosed with APS and seen haematologist, but have been discharged without treatment even though I have a list of symptoms!) - has anyone got any personal experience of the one listed for Kent and would recommend them for their experience/understanding of APS?

Thanks Nic

5 Replies

Hi Nic and welcome

I see that you have already familiarised yourself with the charity's website.

I hope that some others from kent will reply to you soon.


1 like


Good Luck to day to find a Doctor who understands this rare illness. What I have understood all the doctors of the list are recommended as knowing this illness.

It is very important to have a Specialist.

Best wishes from Kerstin in Stockholm

1 like

If you are in Kent, ask to be referred to St Thomas'. It's an easy train journey and the most knowledgeable, kind, helpful team you could ever wish for.

1 like

Good news my GP has offered to refer me to a rheumatologist in London he did mention St Thomas' so hopefully that's where I will go. 😊


I am under Medway hospital for my RA they know about my APS and SLE and are very helpful it can take a while to get your body use to the meds that they give you. I am now waiting to hear if I can have gold injections to help with the pain and swelling in both hands. It best to get your GP to refer you mine only took a few months before I saw one. Plus if you have any lupus RA may not show in your blood works


You may also like...