I had my rheumatology appointment on 1st December and discussed the results of the bloods I had taken three months ago when my GP faxed the consultant about a number of high results that she thought indicated a clotting problem. Eventually it was decided that they would repeat the anti B2Glycoproteins as it was three months since they were taken. I waited another week as instructed and had it taken at the GP surgery. I was told at the hospital that even if it was still high it was unlikely that they would do anything as I had not had a clotting episode of any kind. I asked if I should take an aspirin and was told no.
The results are back and show that there has been no change and they are still high. My GP is going to write and ask him if he should see me earlier or did I need to see a haematologist, which is what they asked for in September when a number of results were found to be high. I have rung the secretary as asked and she is printing off a copy of the results and will show it to one of the doctors. I guess I will have to wait until March, and by then I might have a blood clot to report!
Does anyone else get frustrated and find that the hospital doesn't seem to do anything?