How long for blood test results to come back?

I am new to the board but not to autoimmune issues. I was diagnosed with my first autoimmune disease in 1977....Addison's Disease and Hashimoto's Diseaase. I have since been diagnosed with several others, including MS. I saw a new rheumy last week who really thinks I may have Hughes. After reading the symptoms I would not be surprised. I have had a constant headache for almost 3 months. Anyway, he ran a bun of blood tests and I was wondering if anyone know how long it takes to get the results. I would hate to be waiting only to find out it take a couple weeks.

2 Replies

• Hello and welcome to our site. You are very lucky indeed to have such an on the ball Rheumy as normally its the other way around with people coming on here asking how they convince their Doctors that they have APS!!

As to your question about your tests - it all depends what tests they have done as there are a number that can be done and at different levels and different Labs can do different things. I would expect a couple of weeks and then check to see if the results are in.

• Thank you! I actually went in to r/o RA and/or lupus and it was he that said that he was leaning more toward APS. Anyway, thanks for the answer. As for tests, IgA IgG and IgM and well as a Factor V Leiden. I think there may have been others but that is all I recall.

You may also like...