Ectopic Beats on Holter and Stress Test

Hi - had 24hr ecg that showed 2 PAC's and also said no arrythmia seen. I thought PAC's were arrythmia so why did it say no arrythmia seen?

Also had Stress Test done which showed 5 PAC's, told this is totally normal. Just can't understand why I got more on a 14 minute stress test than I did on a 24 hr ecg? I'm thinking is due to anxiety and adrenaline which I had lots of prior to the stress test.

Thanks

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Dont worry. Two PACs during 24 hours is nothing. Even totally healthy peoples will have around this number PACs/day. The 5 PACs during the stress test are also not anusual. Professional athlethetes also have PACs when they reach their maximal effort.

Mercurius

• Thanks for reply and are PAC's arrythmia? Need to know if need to put on travel insurance. Thanks.

• PACs iteself are so called benign or non pathological arrhytmias. No problem with them if you dont have atrial fibrillation. But if you have then PACs can drive your fibrillation.

• No don't have Afib so therefore I assume PAC's are benign and normal in both rest and exercise. Thanks

You may also like...