Gluten free vegan pie with roast potatoes. - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

51,250 members β€’ 9,320 posts

Gluten free vegan pie with roast potatoes.

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator
β€’14 Replies

Hi everyone,

Here's what I made for dinner tonight and some for the freezer. I cooked onions garlic and tomatoes in olive oil then I added a little plain flour chilli +mild curry spices, mixed it with the oil added water and then frozen baby carrots Broccoli peas spinach. The creamed coconut has a very mild flavour so really compliments the chilli and hot spices.

The crust is 200g plain gluten free flour with 110g creamed coconut 1 tea spoon low salt bouillon and baked with quinoa flakes on top just for extra taste and nutritional boost. I roasted some potatoes at the same time and will freeze some for another day.

I love roasts especially when its cold and damp like today as the smell and warmth from the oven is most welcome and very homely.

As always stay safe folks. 🌈🌟

14 Replies
β€’
Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi Jerry

Your gluten free vegan pie with roast potatoes looks really great, and it's even better that you have some for the freezer as well.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Zest :-)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest I love a roast. 😊

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

An ideal meal I'd say Jerry and I agree coconut with spices is lovely, I used a lot of coconut milk.

Bet you enjoyed that.

AliciaπŸŒˆπŸ‘πŸ˜‹

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Hey thanks Alicia I realised that my corner shop sell creamed coconut and coconut milk so happy days. 😊

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Jerry

Oh most definitely happy days, love coconutπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

the vegan pie looks delicious πŸ˜„

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Hb2003

Thank you Hiba and followed by your mums lemon meringue pie would be quite a meal. 😊

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Jerry

yes very true❀️

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Jerry

My mom told me that she will not make it again ☹️ Oh well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That looks delicious Jerry. Although I eat meat I'm always looking for new ways to eat more veg as generally I'm not too keen on them- much happier if they are made into a dish.

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to MadBunny

Thank you Maria, I'm not a vegan I just like lots of vegan foods and lots of veggies...😊

MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to Jerry

😊

Sounds tasty Jerry! Like that 😘 would come for dinner but you too far away πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Snowdrops_17

Awe thanks that’s very nice of you. 😊

You may also like...