9 Health Benefits of Eating More Protein - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
39,953 members7,051 posts

9 Health Benefits of Eating More Protein

suramo
suramoStar
15 Replies

Protein is the most important macronutrient, and it is critical for our overall health.

nutritionadvance.com/protei...

15 Replies
oldestnewest
Jerry
JerryAdministrator

A very interesting and easy to read article suramo, the only thing I'd like to add is the importance of a balanced diet containing all the nutrients and micronutrients that our bodies need.

2 likes
Zest
ZestVolunteer

Hi suramo

Thanks, and I agree with Jerry about the importance of recognising all the macronutrients, in a balanced diet.

Zest :-)

1 like
suramo
suramoStar
in reply to Zest

Jerry

I too agree. But carbs are sources of energy and fibres only.And some vitamins. One can live a healthy life without eating carbs but not protein. Carbs are not essential for the life but proteins are.

Praveen55
Praveen55Star
in reply to suramo

PROTEIN AND FAT - ESSENTIAL.

benwl
benwl
in reply to suramo

What do you mean by "carbs" then?

If it's the macronutrient then how can a "carb" contain vitamins? It's chemically a carbohydrate, and just that, it can't be a vitamin. Incidently fibre IS a carbohydrate.

If you mean foods like spinnach, potatoes, beans, or oats - in macronutrient terms these contain predominantly carbohydrates but they also contain fat and protein!

suramo
suramoStar
in reply to benwl

By carbs i mean high carb foods like wheat,rice etc.They contain fibres but some vitamin B also. Also fibers can act as prebiotics.

1 like
Redspot

Interesting but goes against heart health?

HiddenThis reply has been deleted
Redspot
Redspot
in reply to Hidden

High protein diets contrary to heart health......

Redspot
Redspot
in reply to Hidden
suramo
suramoStar
in reply to Redspot

High protein, more fats and less carbs.Not harmful. Protein should be 25% of the total caloric requirements.

Redspot

I would agree

1 like

You may also like...