Diet and lifestyle change

Hi all and thanks for reading.

Due to health reasons and struggles with my weight i have recently been taking a look at my diet and have decided i am going to become a vegetarian. I have started cutting back on meat and would like to cut it out completely.

However, i am finding that i am still quite hungry after a dinner i would usually have meat with. Could someone give me some advice on the best things to eat and possibly put a few recipes my way?

Skip

Featured Content

Get tips and advice on eating healthy

Develop healthier eating habits & get more active. Our community helps to keep you on track.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HI Idenny32,

Welcome to the Healthy Eating forum. I know that you're considering a Vegetarian eating plan, and that you're already in the process of cutting back on meat and that you'd like to cut it out completely.

Here is a link to the page in NHS Choices about Vegetarian foods etc, which I hope you'll find a helpful start:

nhs.uk/Livewell/Vegetarianh...

If you look in the Topics section there are some posts on Healthy Recipes.

Wishing you a great week, and maybe post any recipes that you try that you find particularly delicious and healthy.

Zest :-)

• Maybe try adding some beans/lentils for protein and/or eat some cheese after your meal. Also, make sure you eat plenty of fat (Preferably saturated) with your meal, as this will leave you feel sated for much longer!

• Thanks Dottie, is there any difference with the different types of beans or lentils?

• Hi. I am new on here myself. I funnily enough have come away from being a Vegetarian I still use Tesco Vege Mince & Lind Mac sausages. But quorn no way. It might Just be me but I was ill after eating it for years so staying away. Over the Christmas period I sadly lost my dear Mum after her long fight with Alzheimer's. I decided now I'm not running back & forth I need to sort out my weight plus being on Meds Antidepressants I think I have gained 1/2 stone. I am only eating Chicken & Turkey both cooked and raw cooking myself. buying all low fat. If you have any vege questions or food ideas I can help a bit maybe. Karen

• Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I found this when i was researching recipe ideas, it takes ingredients and breaks them down to their nutritional value, culinary uses, medicinal uses etc! I have found it really helpful.

diet-health.info/en/recipes...

You may also like...