Simple to make warm light meals

Hi, not been on this forum for months but need a bit of encouragement. I'm in my 60's and have been disabled since childhood so making my own meals is difficult which is why my husband and I tend to eat lunch out a lot. I'm also overweight and because of my inability to exercise I have to watch like a hawk how much I am actually eating calorie wise

I'm a semi-vegetarian, in that I don't eat red meat, cheese or chocolate. But I could use some inspiration for light meals. I don't eat processed food as I prefer to know what is in the food I'm eating. They also need to easy to prepare and cook because I find it difficult cooking.

I spotted the Hearty vegetable soup on the healthy eating page of this website but it doesn't say in the recipe how to cook if you've frozen it. Does anyone know?

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Slow cookers are great

• Any soup can be defrosted in a microway or slwoly in a pan.

Soups are great things to make, low calorie and easy to cook. Pasta too provide you don't use cream or lots of cheese.

Dee

You may also like...