Food measuring helps

Hi everyone. I know it can be a pain to weigh and measure everything, but it really helps you realise when you are having too large portions. I measured 15mls of elmlea as is 25kcal, and it didn't look much. I poured it over fresh fruit and it really made me appreciate it more this way than pouring from the pot and not realising how many calories you've had.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sometimes choosing better quality products makes it easier to use less eg I find 'half fat' cheese poor 'economy' in terms of calories for most varieties (the exception is halloumi) I find I use less of an organic mature cheddar (as well as enjoying it more and it being better for the environment and cow)

• Agreed. Natural food is much better for governing the appetite than counting calories.

• Not a case of either/or.

clare86's pint is a good one.

• Elmlea is full of hydrogenated fat. I wouldn't eat it no matter how small the portion.

• I only have this occasionally, not regularly because normal cream gives me terrible stomach ache and causes breathing's difficulties

• sometimes a cut a watermelon in half then i eat half of it with a spoon in one sitting,

next day i eat the other half,

too much calories ??

• No, watermelon is low calorie 62kcal per slice 200g. Enjoy it

You may also like...