Holiday!

I wrote a while back about my holiday nerves. Just wanted to post an update.

I spent a few days with my family planning a holiday and told them all about my worries. Just talking it through helped.

I am usually a tent in a rucksack wing it when we get there traveller.

For the first time I have booked an all inclusive sit on a beach and do bugger all holiday in a hotel in Turke., Suggested by my lovely. Lovely daughter.

So excited!

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here for their reassuring comments when I was having the herby jeebies! If I can get online out there I'll try and post a postcard of some kind!

X

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is good to hear, and i hope you have a wonderful time

• Thank you!

• Just noticed my spell check herby jeebies! Ha ha! They were Heebie jeebies! Less flavoursome but a bit more scary!

• wow well done you enjoy well deserved break with your family i for one am ver envious

• Thanks! The next step is not getting anxious about the credit card bill!! Hey! Ho!

• That's so great to hear, good on you! Glad you were able to talk it through with your family too. Hope you have a really fab, relaxing time and get some lovely WARM sun (remember that stuff?!).

All the best.

• Its a distant memory. Was it a glowing thing floating behind the clouds?

Thanks all.

X

• Hi. I did the same with my wife in egypt last week. I can honestly say it was the closest i have felt to being like i was before the accident. I think the fact that there is absolutely nothing at all to think about or worry for.

Have a great time and let us know how you get on.

• Hey...is that really you, Paul ? I am beaming like a Cheshire cat having seen your comments and the way you're now embracing this holiday.

I am so seriously happy for you and I bet your family are really proud of you for fighting off the 'herby jeebies'.

Best wishes to you all.

Love, cat xx

• Herby jeebies put to rest for now. thanks Cat.

XX

• My daughter did promise me that if my worst fears happened and I became catatonic in a foreign hospital she would push me out to sea on a lilo with a slow puncture. She's to kind to me sometimes.

• enjoy have a good time i am really pleased for you,cos it worked for me

• Cheers and thanks.

You may also like...