Hiatus Hernia

Had to go to my local hospital today for a Gastroscopy and flexible Sigmoidoscopy (joys of CD but at least my hospital is thorough) and they discovered I now have a Hiatus Hernia just to make my diet a little more complicated. This may sound a silly question but coule this be related in some way to my CD?

I am lucky with my hospital and since diagnosis of CD have been looked after well. The only negative thing today though was whilst I was still under the effects of the sedation I was offered tea and biscuits and I didn't think to ask if they were gluten free. They weren't and so I suppose I'll be going through it for a couple of days

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi easiand

I associate hiatus hernia with physical causes, pregnancy, being over weight, straining etc. but with cd you never know. It messes up our insides so much that a hernia could be a possibility. There is some discussion on the American celiac sites.

Bad luck with the tea and biscuits! I have wondered about getting a bracelet made with 'gluten free' on it!

• Hi Penel

thanks for replying. I'm actually very underweight and don't do a physical job. I did suffer a lot with constipation when I first changed to a gluten free diet so that may be the answer.

The tea and biscuits was very annoying as the reason I was there was to check on my progress for the CD. A gluten Free bracelet sounds like a good idea

• I ALSO HAVE CD AND HIATUS HERNIA I DO BELIEVE THERE IS A LINK

You may also like...