I have been experiencing a baffling range of symptoms since April this year, for which the doctor can find no answers. Symptoms include:
- numbness in fingers on waking, particularly when elbow has been bent
- Occasional and random numbness in toes
- 'Buzzing' in the ball of my left foot on most days but can also happen in other limbs
- Abnormal liver enzymes
- Acid reflux/gerd
- Memory/Cognitive issues
- General feelings of unwellness at times, particularly after very small amounts of alcohol
- Joint pain, mostly in feet, hips and shoulders
I have had lots of blood tests including Lyme and Rheumatoid Arthritis, liver scan, nerve conduction study/EMG, all perfectly normal except for intermittent abnormal liver enzymes.. just this week my GP has said that it could all be psychosomatic and I have read about functional nerve disorder which seems to cover most of my complaints. However, i met a lovely lady the other day who has Lyme disease (diagnosed privately after negative results on NHS) and RA and her symptoms are uncannily similar to mine!
I guess what I am asking is, is there anyone out there who has had similar symptoms, particularly the neuropathy, liver enzymes and acid reflux, which relates to a particular syndrome? In essence, should I be asking my GP to keep looking? I am having my B12 and coeliac bloodtests next week but beyond that, no other testing planned.