Fibromyalgia Action UK
39,644 members51,763 posts

Does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Work

Hi all - I developed fibromyalgia quite some time ago and it's getting worse - thinking of trying Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried it, successfully or not. I can sometimes feel claustrophobic so that may be an issue (have had several MRI scans and have managed those by closing my eyes!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Hidden

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I have pasted for you below a link to our mother site, FMA UK which hosts loads of useful Fibro information:

fmauk.org/

It is not something that I have tried myself but I am aware that many of the MS Centre's in the UK have access to these.

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

2 likes

Thank you.

1 like

Good luck my friend :)

1 like

Ive never heard of this but hey if someone said sit in warm horse muck I would do it if it helped..good luck let us know.

3 likes

I've read them a bit about hyperbaric chamber. For people with MS, stroke. Don't know how much it is.

I have not tried this but have an MS friend who has said come along to his centre and try it, fibro sufferers are welcome at the MS centres too. I keep meaning to organise it. It can cause any harm to try!

Patrick

You may also like...