A new beginning

Morning all. For the past 5 months I have been dealing with worse flare up in 25 years. I have been off of work for 3 months now..OH and GP have told me to change jobs as it is very physical and I also have IS of lower spine..I'm only 44 and want to work..any suggestions?...what course should I take?.. what type of work are you in? I just don't know what to do now 😕

5 Replies

  • Hi Greykitty

    Sorry to here your having to make a massive decision ask if you can speak with occupational therapist again i would hate to advise you wrongly as i am not a professional. They may be able to look up jobs that could be better for you. I am sure they have access for that.

    When your making decisions like this a GP could be a massive help.

    Im so sorry about the horrible flare up hopefully you get some relief.

    Good luck sending you massive hug :)

  • Thank you...my gp said the job centre might help..

  • Hi I was in the same position I was able to leave my job though as I had no financial commitments as husband and sons who live at home work. But after what is now a year and a half staying at home is defo not for me so I posted a similar question a few weeks ago. If its not possible to do fewer hours and a less demanding job at your present post is it possible that your local council run any schemes like the one I enrolled in last week where they can help you find a better job based on your physical ability. I aso enrolled for learning account which you get in scotland where you get £200 towards learning courses, so I'm looking into night classes where I can learn something new that will help towards getting a different job, as at present doing it alone I am used to my comfort zone so was always heading towards the same job I done before. So having somebody elses knowledge might be helpful. Wishing you the best of luck 🌻

  • Hi, are you part of a union? They can offer help and support if u are, along with occ health. A lot depends on your experience, would you be able to go part time? Could work offer any other adjustments to help u during the day? I don't know what you do but could you change departments? Become a more admin role? Can they provide you with aids?

    There are also many websites out there that offer training at a reduced price for many different industries. And your local council as mmc68 has said.

    I'm 37 and I have really difficult days at work sometimes. It's really difficult to keep going through the pain

    J xx

  • Hi Greykitty

    I am so genuinely sorry to read this my friend. It may help to ask your employer for an ''Occupational Health Assessment?'' This way a qualified professional can assess what help you would need in the work place to help keep you in your job. I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

    All my hopes and dreams for you


You may also like...