Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,766 members51,026 posts

Mercury and Fibro

As i've already said i've just recently had all my teeth out.Now i'm getting over it i'm actually feeling a bit better in myself , not hurting so much and not foggy, still extremely tired though. Anyway I remembered that ages ago i'd read or heard an article about the old grey fillings. So I had a search round and guess what one of the things the poison is responsible for.........Fibro !! See bit i've copied and pasted

Chronic Mercury Poisoning: Related Symptoms & Diseases

Holistic Mercury Free and Mercury Safe Dentists

The Poison in Your Teeth: Book

Mercury Detoxification: Book

Mercury Detoxification Products

Healthy Teeth-Healthy Body: Book

Oral Health Care Products

Watch Dr xxxxxxx s Video

Mercury Poisoning: Symptoms and Diseases

Mercury is the most poisonous, non-radioactive, naturally occurring substance on our planet. There is no safe level of mercury because even one atom of it in your body is doing some harm to it. There is no debate about the toxicity of mercury and every knowledgeable scientist and health professional understands how poisonous mercury is. Yet even today the American Dental Association (ADA) and pro-amalgam dentists who support its insane, logic defying position, continue to say that the mercury released from these fillings is not a health hazard.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that there is no safe level of mercury. That means that no amount of mercury is safe, not even one atom. Even if enough mercury hasn't accumulated to manifest a symptom directly or indirectly related to chronic mercury poisoning, it doesn't mean you are not being poisoned by it. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back wasn't the last straw, it was the sum total of the weight of all of the straws.

The fact is that mercury can directly or indirectly cause, contribute to, or make worse every health issue we will ever deal with. Chronic mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings takes time to accumulate and express a related symptom. Because mercury is found in every cell of the body, and there are trillions of cells, it may take years for enough mercury to accumulate for a symptom to appear. Chronic mercury poisoning is not a disease but an accumulative problem and during the period of time it is accumulating it is poisoning you every step along the way.

I find it very ironic that regulatory agencies require that the materials that make up an amalgam filling, such as mercury, silver, zinc, copper and tin, must be placed in a hazardous waste container when enters the dental office. The old amalgam filling pieces that are removed from a tooth must also be placed in an hazardous waste container. Yet there is no regulation of an amalgam filling when it's placed in a tooth! Isn't it logical that because amalgam material is in the tooth that it also makes the tooth a hazardous waste container.

It's a scientific fact that toxic mercury vapor is continually being released from amalgam fillings. 80% of it enters the body and accumulates in it. This accumulation occurs because overtime the body loses its effectiveness at removing mercury and is less and less effective at doing so. If mercury is stored in your body it also makes it a hazardous waste container. So don't be fooled by the ADA and those who support its position on mercury amalgam fillings. Mercury is continuously released from amalgam fillings and that alone makes them a health hazard. You shouldn't be the same house with mercury vapor, let alone having it being released from your fillings.

For more information about how mercury affects the body and how it does its damage I suggest reading The Poison in Your Teeth: Mercury Amalgam (Silver) Fillings . . . Hazardous to Your Health. Another book of value, Mercury Detoxification: The Natural Way to Remove Mercury from Your Body, tells you how to support your body's efforts to safely remove the stored mercury. Once you learn how devastating it is your health you will be dumbfounded as to how the ADA can possibly continue to support the use of this poisonous material

Symptoms Related to Mercury Poisoning

At least 100 symptoms directly or indirectly result from chronic mercury poisoning. The number and severity of symptoms depend on a variety of factors, such as;

how many fillings you have;

how long you've had them;

how they are stimulated; and

how often they are stimulated.

In addition, because mercury is classified as a neurotoxin it can also cause or contribute to emotional and psychological issues, such as depression, anxiety, mood swings and memory loss. Symptoms that worsen over time may signal the development of a disease.

This table lists some of the more common symptoms directly related to chronic mercury toxicity. But keep in mind that because mercury can indirectly cause harm by depleting essential antioxidants, such as glutathione and alpha lipoic acid that are needed to remove it and deal with other harmful toxins and free radicals, it can indirectly be contributing to even more symptoms and diseases than are listed here.

Common Symptoms of Chronic Mercury Poisoning



Digestive System



Loss of appetite

Weight loss




Anger (fits of)




Fear and nervousness



Manic depression

Mood swings


Energy Levels


Chronic tiredness





Headaches (frequent)

Ringing in ears



Chest pain

Heartbeat rapid or irregular



Chest congestion

Shallow respiration

Shortness of breath

Muscles & Joints


Joint aches

Muscle aches

Muscle weakness



Fine tremor

Lack of concentration

Learning disorders

Memory loss, short and long term


Slurred speech


Inflammation of the nose


Excessive mucus formation

Stuffy nose


Bad breath (halitosis)

Bone loss

Burning sensation

Chronic coughing

Gingivitis/bleeding gums

Inflammation of the gums

Leukoplakia (white patches)

Metallic taste

Mouth inflammation

Sore throats

Ulcers of oral cavity




Excessive blushing

Genital discharge

Gland swelling

Hair loss


Illnesses (frequent)


Loss of sense of smell

Perspiration excessive

Renal failure

Skin cold and clammy

Skin problems

Vision problems (tunnel vision)

Water retention (edema)

Your state of health (especially the state of your immune system), whether you still have amalgam fillings, the amount of mercury you’ve been exposed to over time, and the amount still present in your body directly influence the number and severity of your symptoms.

Chronic Mercury Poisoning and Related Diseases

Mercury exposure has been linked to the following diseases. Because mercury has such a destructive effect on the immune and detoxification systems, the list could be much longer.

Chronic Mercury Poisoning: Related Diseases



Anterior lateral sclerosis (ALS)





Cardiovascular disease

Chronic fatigue syndrome

Crohn’s disease


Developmental defects





Hormonal dysfunction

Intestinal dysfunction

Immune system disorders

Kidney disease

Learning disorders

Liver disorders


Metabolic encephalopathy

Multiple sclerosis (MS)

Reproductive disorders

Parkinson’s disease

Senile dementia

Thyroid disease

Other Factors

When it comes to establishing the causative link between mercury and disease, it’s important to consider other factors that can produce similar symptoms, including genetics, diet, lifestyle, environment, occupation, and substance abuse, either alone or in conjunction with each other. But the possibility of developing a related health problem dramatically increases when these factors and mercury are present together.

13 Replies

Thank you for the info.


your welcome


That is a heck of a lot of info.....thank you!


lol sorry x


I mentioned the link to my dentist some years ago. The consensus of opinion then was that if mercury was a causative element of ill health why weren't dentists a higher percentage of those with related conditions. They and their assistants worked with the grey stuff day in day out. This was before gloves were worn routinely!


give them time it wasnt withdrawn out of tilte switches for nothing in the electrical world all things come to him who waits OR SO THEY SAY


Thank you for sharing


Could the fillings not be replaced with another substance. It seems a bit extreme to have all your teeth out. Well it does to me



Ah no it wasn't that. I've a hernia and the acid coming up wasn't very nice to my teeth, they were breaking off


What a shame. Not nice losing your teeth


nope, especially as my partner keeps calling me gummy lol


BINGO DUSKY ive been reading this to and their are to many comment on the web regarding YES NASHERS AND GUM PROBLEMS.

It appears that when you have gum loss the mouth well you can expect it to have loads of bacteria in your mouth from what you eat.

So if you dont floss once every day all that food and belive me you think your nashers are clean but you floss and u will find out.

This bacteria can then spread via the gums via the jaw blood stream to other parts of the body like one knee specialist has found items that belong in your mouth in the knee joint.

streptococcus is a good one that you have a sore throat but this little infection gets into the blood streem via the bad gums into joint areas.

Would be a good idea on here if people tried flossing last thing at night for a couple of week and find they have less smptoms. TRY IT AND SEE? WORTH A SHOT ISNT IT only cost you some floss

1 like

Countries are slowly banning it


You may also like...