Getting fruity!

Hello one and all...hope your feeling well!

I know a lot of us on here have changed our diets and cut things out that aren't good for us and I just wanted to share a little bit of news about my new addition....... It's a smoothie blender!...:-D :-D :-D :-D I'd been meaning to get one for months and when my Husband saw the one I wanted on sale, he bought it for me!! (Lovely man)

Well, today was the first day of my, smoothie+determination=getting rid of the last 16lbs I need to lose to hit my target!!... :-D :-D :-D :-D

Some of the recipes look and sound pretty bizzare but I thought I'd try this one for my lunch time shake......honeydew melon and spinach!!

You can choose any liquid, skimmed/almond/coconut milk and then add your fruits/veg! I chose almond milk for mine and was expecting to gag at the first mouthful, as I hate spinach!!! but all I could really taste was the melon! Itwas bbeautiful!

I had banana/strawberries and blueberries for my breakfast shake! That was yummy too! and a little advice I picked up from my Son was, if the fruits are starting to turn, put them in the freezer!! can put them straight into the blender I got and you can also put ice cubes in!

Now.....all the veg and fruit I cannot stand can be blitzed and I'll be getting the benefits!

Much love to you all....Ninja...♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 Replies

• Bought a juicer last year and it's great, only problem is all the washing up after 👎

My OH has lost nearly 3 stone cutting back and drinking lots of smoothies, so keep going 😃

• Brilliant news about the OH! I've also lost 3stone but that was just lack of appetite!

It wasn't weight I didn't need to lose and I feel and look so much better for it!....♥♥♥

• So glad your diet is going well. I love melon and spinach so that blend would be heaven for me. I often used to make us banana smoothies with masses of ice in the summer but I was a naughty girl and used to add icecream which is certainly not what you are aiming at.

The only disadvantage as Ayrmretep says is the washing up afterwards. My blender is a very old one that I inherited from my mother who had it as a wedding present! I find it great for when I am well enough to make some homemade soup especially potato and leek which is a favourite of mine.

Just had my tea but hungry again typing all this about food.x

• That sounds wonderful. I wouldn't mind one of these myself. I would just have to be careful about red fruits as I am allergic to them. I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• I know Ken! and it is wonderful... :-D :-D :-D you can blend literally any fruit and veg! There's another one of cucumber yogurt and mint! I thought that was an Indian dip you got with the papodoms!!....hahaha... :-D :-D :-D but I'm going to experiment with the ones that have the anti toxins to cleanse and the spinach ones for the iron!!....♥♥♥

• I think I should have put "anti oxidants?" to cleanse the bad toxins?? I'm sure you'll know what I mean!!! It's my second night without sleep and we all know what the brain gets like....:'( :'( :'( :'( ♥♥

You may also like...