Fibromyalgia Action UK
40,201 members52,307 posts

Medical for ESA

I have had a letter to go for this medical sent from the dwp to asess why I'm on ESA I think .. But I still work only an hour every day but it's still working I asked my gp if she could help with some kind of letter but she just said they don't have anything to do with it it's a government thing so I'm really worried now they will stop ESA as the dwp don't top wages anymore & I was told by job centre that claiming ESA was the only way to claim as I'm only fit enough to do hours I do can't get tax credits either but I would of been retireing this July but they changed that too cNt retire till I'm 66, has anyone els had one even though there still working xxx

4 Replies

Can you claim PIP, I think you can get it whether you are working or not if you have a disability.


If you go on the Disability Rights Uk website have a look at their downloadable Factsheet 35 which tell you what work you can do whilst still claiming ESA.

As Sophie says there is also PIP or DLA according to which area of the country you live in.

Good luck with everything.x

1 like

Hi suwie

I am so sorry to read this, but both sophie22 and rosewine have given you some wonderful advice, and I would enquire about PIP. I have pasted you below as link to the GOV.UK cache om PIP:


I want to wish you all the bets of luck with this.

All my hopes and dreams for you



Thanks ppl I do get the low care rate of dla £86every 4weeks & had a letter a couple years ago to say it's wouldn't effect me but I'm worried about wether they make me take another job cause I know I wouldn't manage two jobs & certainly can't work full time but will keep you posted when I've been & the out come xx


You may also like...